Car pics too cool not to share

I wasn't around for any of that, but that's about the level of modified "stock car" racing that I'd watch. They were still based on street cars, and the drivers would fight it out.

Also, I love the "Winged Warriors", and Fords answer the Talladega and Spoiler II. Borderline cheating, I love it. :)
FIFY

Edit: that was a little before my time too. (missed by a couple years is all)

Reactions: BlueC
I about forgot the '57 Studebaker Golden Hawk

1651968029871.png

1957 Chrysler 300 C convertible...

What you see:
View attachment 328886
It's interesting to see some of the early design cues that have been reincorporated into some of the later model cars. Like the dual side by side headlights, with a modern twist, and the grill protruding forward from the rest of the front end and scooping down below the bumper line.

1651975516777.png
1651979158553.png

1651974934116.png

Last edited:
I remember when that car was for sale. I don't recall the price, but I remember it was shocking. But prices on true letter cars tend to be shocking.

Edit: found it. It was listed in Hemmings for $25,000, and I think it eventually sold.
I was actually making a comment to the way a car guy sees a project car. If they're at all like me, they tend to see it for what it was, and what it could be again. Rarely do we see it as it is at the moment. Been there, done that, at least a few dozen times... ;)

Last edited:
At the same shop I saw the 1960 Corvette, this 1958 Bonneville was brought in, in perfect running condition because if you've got the money why would you waste your time taking it for standard service yourself? It was said to be bought brand new by Howard Hughes (owner of Hughes Aircraft Company) for his personal secretary. Unfortunately, a couple years later it had also been sold to an unknown buyer.

20160314_093619.jpg

20160418_171511.jpg

20160418_171928.jpg

I don't think the 6 pack or the alternator were original but why would I argue about that?
20160418_171843.jpg

At the same shop I saw the 1960 Corvette, this 1958 Bonneville was brought in, in perfect running condition because if you've got the money why would you waste your time taking it for standard service yourself? It was said to be bought brand new by Howard Hughes (owner of Hughes Aircraft Company) for his personal secretary. Unfortunately, a couple years later it had also been sold to an unknown buyer.

View attachment 329005

View attachment 329006

View attachment 329008

I don't think the 6 pack or the alternator were original but why would I argue about that?
View attachment 329007
If I were a betting man , I say the engine photo is actually from a Red Oldsmobile , but the Delcotron did come along much later, with it's buddy the Sanden style A/C compressor. But the 58 Bonny is unreal !!!

Reactions: BlueC

View attachment 329007
One might also say that the "Oldsmobile Rocket" engine probably isn't original in a Pontiac either. :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: BlueC and Squatch