Car pics too cool not to share

There was also the '89 Shelby Dakota

1672535545203.png

Cleetus has another F150, this one is 4x4 and dyno’d 1,060 HP. I want one. Using the paddle shifters as trans brake is a nice touch.

Reactions: reddvltj
You guys seem to have overlooked the '93-95 Ford Lightning that was an answer to the Chevy 454 SS truck.

View attachment 388316

Of course Ford wasn't around in 90 - 93 when the 454 SS trucks were built. Still a good effort even with being down in horsepower and torque compared to the Chevy. That said the Syclone would bitch slap both of them !

Reactions: BlueC and reddvltj
My favorite style of the Land Cruisers.

I had an early 70s FJ40 that was rusty as heck but it could pull a house off it's foundation and I loved it.

It was many years of seeing the FJ55 before I realized it was a (supposed) Land Cruiser. I just thought they were ugly station wagons for rich moms that wanted the reliability of a Toyota to get to the ski resort. Even knowing for quite a while now that they are Land Cruisers, I still think it needed a better name. Slope Cruiser? Resort Cruiser? Heck, even Mall Cruiser could work IF they'd spent more time there.

• Haha
Trying to decide which style I like the best. Probably the fj45, but maybe the fj55 (love the strange style of the front end). All look great, though.

1970 fj40
View attachment 388712

1967 fj45LV
View attachment 388713

1972 fj55
View attachment 388714

1984 fj60
View attachment 388715

You can keep that 55 :sick: There's a guy around here with a FJ40 running around. Nice looking rig. He had it restored before the prices went insane. It looks similar to the one below, but I think he has a small lift and KO2s on it.

1672690424830.png

You can keep that 55 :sick:

:ROFLMAO: So tell me how you really feel!

The fj55 definitely has an import look to it, but I find it to be the most interesting in appearance of the bunch. Therein lies the appeal, for me. The fj60 is the last of what I consider to be a real Land Cruiser. They turned into luxury barges after that, IMHO.

Reactions: reddvltj and BlueC
:ROFLMAO: So tell me how you really feel!

The fj55 definitely has an import look to it, but I find it to be the most interesting in appearance of the bunch. Therein lies the appeal, for me. The fj60 is the last of what I consider to be a real Land Cruiser. They turned into luxury barges after that, IMHO.

Always LOVED the FJ40 but they are simple like a Jeep. And have good axles under them too.

For the fam? A FJ60 with a diesel swap and 40dez and you're golden.

I forgot about those. There was a group of them that would congregate 2 or 3 doors down from our house every weekend - about 1986 or so.

In the mid to late 80's the convertible top on a mini truck was the THING.... Or if you had an extended cab then a TARGA top was the thing but they ALL leaked like crazy.

Then Chevy came out with the SSR for a short time and it was a flop too.