Car pics too cool not to share

Damn....
Getting into an accident is bad enough but having the person hit & run on you is way worse.

Any chance there were cameras in the area to get a license plate from?

I don't know where the accident happened, but I'll ask him tonight. I did tell him last night to return to the accident location, and take a look to see if the guy's front license plate maybe got ripped off. He did, but no such luck. That would've been a sweet way to bust the little prick.

"Some ass-wipe rear-ended my son-in-law last night... said ass-wipe sped off and got on the highway." Seems suspicious. Where were you last night, and how well do you like this SIL? 🤔

:ROFLMAO: Except for our opposing political views, you'd think this guy was a younger version of me. Therefore, he's quite obviously an awesome individual! :ROFLMAO:

I see the obvious trunk, bumper cover, lights and a pushed in bulkhead, which would make me expect some minor buckling of the quarters. A little time on a frame table might be needed. That wasn't an easy hit, but I'm guessing he's ok.

Yeah, I'll be pouring over it in a few hours. I know the kinds of things I need to be looking for, whereas he is pretty clueless on that kind of stuff. The local yards have a few Altimas in the yards. There's also one just north of me that has frontend damage, but is the same color, and the guy only wants $300 for it. I'll try to convince the SIL that it would be an excellent way to get everything he needs, as well as save the hassle of painting things to (sorta) match. Oh, and yes, he seems to be fine. Just pissed. (y)

:ROFLMAO: Except for our opposing political views, you'd think this guy was a younger version of me. Therefore, he's quite obviously an awesome individual! :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, I'll be pouring over it in a few hours. I know the kinds of things I need to be looking for, whereas he is pretty clueless on that kind of stuff. The local yards have a few Altimas in the yards. There's also one just north of me that has frontend damage, but is the same color, and the guy only wants $300 for it. I'll try to convince the SIL that it would be an excellent way to get everything he needs, as well as save the hassle of painting things to (sorta) match. Oh, and yes, he seems to be fine. Just pissed. (y)

buy the $300 one and see which of the 2 is an easier fix...this crap drives me nuts. It has happened to my Daughter in NC twice at school. Last time the guys hood was buckled and shattered his headlights, He backs up, pulls next to my daughter, gives her the finger and takes off. Buckled the exhaust all the way to the cat, broke the rear bumper..Can't wait till she graduates and does not have to live in Greenville anymore.

buy the $300 one and see which of the 2 is an easier fix...this crap drives me nuts. It has happened to my Daughter in NC twice at school. Last time the guys hood was buckled and shattered his headlights, He backs up, pulls next to my daughter, gives her the finger and takes off. Buckled the exhaust all the way to the cat, broke the rear bumper..Can't wait till she graduates and does not have to live in Greenville anymore.

Also going to be checking the local yards to see if one of the cars is the correct color. That would ultimately be less hassle than dealing with a parts-car hulk.

Also going to be checking the local yards to see if one of the cars is the correct color. That would ultimately be less hassle than dealing with a parts-car hulk.

Or take the opportunity. ;)

1711484851796.jpeg

I bet you can sell whats left for scrap and still make money. My friend just scrapped an 05 ford escape after his son hit a deer and got a $1000 in PA for it.

I bet you can sell whats left for scrap and still make money. My friend just scrapped an 05 ford escape after his son hit a deer and got a $1000 in PA for it.

I'd gladly take a "break even" situation! We'll see where this all goes. He's actually on his way here, and should be arriving in a few minutes. I'll know more about the damage, soon.

1711490599758.png

Damage report:

No quarter panel or frame rail damage. (y)

Damaged: taillights, bumper skin, bumper structure, trunk lid, trunk lid hinges, and bulkhead. I can deal with all this fairly easily. For now, I Zip-Tied the bumper skins to the bumper, so he doesn't lose anything on the highway. He already drove it 100 miles today, and said there is no difference in the way it drives (not that I really thought there would be). We'll get moving forward now on acquiring parts, or a parts car.

Some ass-wipe rear-ended my son-in-law last night as he slowed down for a yield sign. As my SIL pulled over to access the damage, said ass-wipe sped off and got on the highway. I'll be going over there after he gets home from work to take a look at it. Need to see if I can fix it for him. If the quarters are bent, I probably can get it to some degree of presentable.
View attachment 512504

TURN IT IN TO THE COPS! There's a vague chance they might find the perp. Check with body shops in the area to see if a car matching the perp's description has come in with front end damage.