Car pics too cool not to share

Went to Homeless Despot today, and saw a REALLY cool Ford in the parking lot. When I came back out, it was gone...

... then I drove down to Hazard Fraught Tools, and there it was again! Grabbed a couple of flip phone pix of it:

IMG_2024-03-26_13-56-36.jpeg

IMG_2024-03-26_13-56-53.jpeg

Anybody know exactly what this thing is?

TURN IT IN TO THE COPS! There's a vague chance they might find the perp. Check with body shops in the area to see if a car matching the perp's description has come in with front end damage.

I encouraged my SIL to do just that, but whether he does or not, I can't say.

I encouraged my SIL to do just that, but whether he does or not, I can't say.

Years back, Father-in-law had a hit and run on his car parked on the street by his house. He went for a walk, and actually found the perp's car in a carport in a nearby condo complex. Turned it in to the cops. Guy got arrested, charged, and convicted.

Went to Homeless Despot today, and saw a REALLY cool Ford in the parking lot. When I came back out, it was gone...

... then I drove down to Hazard Fraught Tools, and there it was again! Grabbed a couple of flip phone pix of it:

View attachment 512607

View attachment 512608

Anybody know exactly what this thing is?

Looks like a '40 Ford to me. Gorgeous!

a little cutting (in half) and welding (back together) can't be too hard.

I'm positive that's well beyond what squatch needs to do, but splicing two vehicles together, and getting it right, isn't that easy. I see "simple" panel replacements messed up quite often. It tends to be rather obvious when someone gave it the ol' college try at home.

That thing is screaming, "Look at me!" but not in a good way.

So many people have added V8's to the front of the air cooled Beetles which I'm sure is a ton of work but how hard would it be to make a couple hidden air ducts from beneath each fender to the radiator and keep the hood original?

I'm positive that's well beyond what squatch needs to do, but splicing two vehicles together, and getting it right, isn't that easy. I see "simple" panel replacements messed up quite often. It tends to be rather obvious when someone gave it the ol' college try at home.

Yeah that was my worthless attempt for a smart-ass comment.