Car pics too cool not to share

I had originally done a somewhat lengthy post on what's not "correct" about this '72 Demon, but have since deleted it. The more I thought about it, the more I felt like I sounded like a know-it-all dick about something that just doesn't matter. For all I know, this car is some 18 year old kid's dream car. Or maybe it's just some average Joe who built it the way he prefers it. Either way, I apologize to anyone who read my original post. I don't want to be "that guy". It's a nice, clean car. Now I think I'm going to go outside and work on my non-stock Mazda minivan...

Frustrated Dog GIF

I had originally done a somewhat lengthy post on what's not "correct" about this '72 Demon, but have since deleted it. The more I thought about it, the more I felt like I sounded like a know-it-all dick about something that just doesn't matter. For all I know, this car is some 18 year old kid's dream car. Or maybe it's just some average Joe who built it the way he prefers it. Either way, I apologize to anyone who read my original post. I don't want to be "that guy". It's a nice, clean car. Now I think I'm going to go outside and work on my non-stock Mazda minivan...

View attachment 520070

I was good with that post. I enjoyed all the information you'd shared. And not once did I think of you as a know it all. I enjoy the learning.

Reactions: ColoJeep
I also love the body color, as well as the contrasting wheel color.

the attention to detail with the hood-straps is incredible!

this one pulls it off beautifully

I concur on all points. The orange steelies with the green works well, the leather straps with the springs and toggles. the cast fluted covers on the nailhead, the fuel filler in the middle of the deck lid, the thin rear bumper bar, where the tires sit in the fenders...I could go on....

That's something we don't have to worry much about here with our "antique" rides. For a vehicle made before '68, tagged and insured with working lights is about it. From '68 to vehicles that are 25 years old, we have to meet seat belt requirements that were in place when the vehicle was built.

I do like the fenderless look, though I believe it's not legal in both states I've lived in. But the reality of running without fenders means you're probably jacking up your own ride to some extent (chipped paint) and you're definitely jacking up other vehicles behind you, in particular their windshields.

I know it's not something many in our Jeep ranks are keen on, but having the tire tread covered by fenders/flares while traversing the highways and byways of the places we live does contribute to the overall safety of everyone and cuts down on damage to other vehicles on the road. That said, I now need to go shake off sounding a bit too much like my father... :D

I was good with that post. I enjoyed all the information you'd shared. And not once did I think of you as a know it all. I enjoy the learning.

Thanks, brother. Still, I felt like I was being a jerk. I was just really involved with the A-body MoPars for a long time, and there were some things that jumped out at me on that one. Regardless, it's a nice ride. (y)

Last edited:
Thanks, brother. Still, I felt like I was being a jerk. I was just really involved with the A-body MoPars for a long time, and there were some things that jumped out at me on that one. Still, it's a nice ride. (y)

Your post deletion and apology post absolutely prove you aren't a jerk or a prick ! You retired guys have too much time to worry about crap !!!! :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Wildman and Squatch

I remembered reading an article on the Buicks that had a frame without rear frame horns, but I couldn't remember what year it was. Turns out that it was the 1939 model year, and it posed a big problem. Here's the article (it's a short read):
https://www.macsmotorcitygarage.com/a-historic-gm-blunder-the-1939-short-frame-buicks/

This '39 Buick haunts my friend. He built it for a customer nearly 30 years ago, and it just keeps coming back to him. I asked him if he wants me to bury him in it. :LOL:

39Buick1.JPG

39Buick2.JPG