Car stereo / radio shortage

P

P man

Ok what's the deal with the slim pickings on basic blue tooth car stereos? Crutchfield has been out of almost everything save the 29 dollar units or the really expensive units. I am almost thinking I should go double din since they have a few of those available. Is this a covid thing?

So what does a guy do? Wait? Is there another source im not thinking of?
Unfortunately wait or search the part number you want and find it somewhere. Amazon?

Having the same problem trying to buy other things. They just don’t have available inventory and vendors have no idea when they will receive their goods.

Reactions: mxz800
Unfortunately wait or search the part number you want and find it somewhere. Amazon?

Having the same problem trying to buy other things. They just don’t have available inventory and vendors have no idea when they will receive their goods.
This seems to be the new normal. Look at the intermittent OPDA availability. The H&R springs are unavailable anywhere right now (and I want a set). Just gotta wait, I guess.

For anything electronic, including new vehicles, there's a silicon shortage. So that means computers, cars, tvs, phones, 3d printers, etc are all behind and aren't looking to ramp up soon.

Reactions: L J
For anything electronic, including new vehicles, there's a silicon shortage. So that means computers, cars, tvs, phones, 3d printers, etc are all behind and aren't looking to ramp up soon.
I seem to recall stories of new vehicles stacking up in lots due to this shortage.

I seem to recall stories of new vehicles stacking up in lots due to this shortage.
Yeah, last I saw ford took over a race track and its parking lots to store their trucks - so much so that it is now visible from space.

It seems this has been going on for a while because even months ago when I was putting together my stereo it was the same issue, extremely slim pickings.

There is definitely a shortage of new trucks and trade in values are outrageous. I bought my truck new March of last year and my "trade" value is close to what I paid for it with 26,000 miles. It's tempting to go ahead and sell it and buy again when there is a glutton of new trucks on the market.

It is across the board supplies can't get here due to over volume of shipping, ports on the west coast so jammed the boats can't offload. As far as cars go, I just dumped money back into my Explorer as i can't get anything off MSRP on a new Subaru.

Now would be a great time to offer vehicles without this crap!
I could do without a lot of the elex, but I don't want to go back to distributors, rotors, points, carburetors, and vacuum timing. Although I did own a '64 Chevy Impala with a 327/350, one vacuum line, and a Holley 4 barrel that was so fast, I could barely keep up, and I was driving. Only electronics was an AM radio.

I could do without a lot of the elex, but I don't want to go back to distributors, rotors, points, carburetors, and vacuum timing. Although I did own a '64 Chevy Impala with a 327/350, one vacuum line, and a Holley 4 barrel that was so fast, I could barely keep up, and I was driving. Only electronics was an AM radio.
Yea, I'll take a transistorized module over points any day of the week - but I never had problems with distributors and rotors. Fuel Injection needn't be computerized.