Cat to Manifold Bolt Size / Length

ItchyDong

Easily Offended
Supporting Member
2006 LJ. I need to replace my Cats when I get home from deployment. I'm trying to get a parts list together. I'm looking at https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0027A6PAA/?tag=wranglerorg-20. A few reviews say I'm going to need 1/2 longer bolts. I looked in my parts manual and it shows 06505754AA. I did some searching online and can't find any info on the bolts size, pitch, etc. Anyone know this offhand so I can find something a little longer?

I don't remember off the top of my head the bolt size, but figured I'd share to not forget to get the nuts since they're single use (they're stover style locking nuts). Part 6506546AA

I don't remember off the top of my head the bolt size, but figured I'd share to not forget to get the nuts since they're single use (they're stover style locking nuts). Part 6506546AA
Yeah those are on the list too. Looks like eBay is the only way I can get ahold of those for 50 damn dollars after shipping. I may just run a washer and nut combo.

I installed this exact product earlier this year and didn't need longer bolts. It probably would be easier to use them, but once you get the downpipe at the right angle the original bolts will screw in.

I may just run a washer and nut combo.

For anyone contemplating this job, I strongly suggest you DON't use a washer nut combo. The PO of my Jeep used washers and nuts. When I replaced my RMS, I had to remove the fender and a lot of other stuff to get to the washer and nuts on the exhaust flange.

I replaced the washers and nuts with OEM captive nuts.

For anyone contemplating this job, I strongly suggest you DON't use a washer nut combo. The PO of my Jeep used washers and nuts. When I replaced my RMS, I had to remove the fender and a lot of other stuff to get to the washer and nuts on the exhaust flange.

I replaced the washers and nuts with OEM captive nuts.
I mean, I'd have no problem accessing it? To each is own.

Does anyone know what size / thread count bolts to use for the OEM captive nuts part # 6506546AA. I have tried 10mm 1.5 pitch bolts & 3/8 course thread bolts. Both of them stop when I get the first turn in. The factory bolts part # 6505754AA are at least $30. There has to be some size / pattern that works for this nut

6506546AA.jpg

6505754AA.jpg