Catskill Mountains Jeep Jamboree?

Jeffreybomb

Póg mo thóin!
Supporting Member
We’re considering registering for the Catskill Mountains Jeep Jamboree this year. I’m surprised to see that it’s one of the few Jamborees listed as a difficulty rating of 6-9.

If you’ve been on this ride, what’s your experience been? I’m on 33x12.50 with a 4” lift and open diffs.

Your link says 35" tires and one locker are required. My experience with events like that is that you would be turned away with no recourse during the mandatory tech inspection.

I know. I've said it before. A company came in and said we will sponsor you if you force everyone to buy our radios....not a fan of that.
If I do ever attend a Jamboree ill
Probably just opt for some GMRS handhelds

I know. I've said it before. A company came in and said we will sponsor you if you force everyone to buy our radios....not a fan of that.
They tried to claim that it was because of better quality and blah, blah, blah.

Can’t say I’ve had any issues with a CB radio while at a Jamboree.

Reactions: gaabbee
They tried to claim that it was because of better quality and blah, blah, blah.

Can’t say I’ve had any issues with a CB radio while at a Jamboree.
Jeep Jamboree USA runs events all over the US not just back east. Out west in the steep, rocky, and twisty mountainous stuff CB can be spotty. I can hardly wait until the Jeep offroad community moves en masse to a better technology. Preferably HAM but I'd grudgingly settle for GMRS. But since we are talking about Jamboree USA which is all about the money it could be nothing but money and sponsorship thing with the sponsor hoping to move the needle off of CB.

You dont have to buy their radios. You just have to adopt the technology.
There is nothing wrong with cb. It was an issue created by them to sell products....like most things. As a radio manufacture if everyone already has cb's that comes to our events then lets change the rules and force them to buy another radio source and make more money off them. I'm sure they are already trying to find out a new product to make everyone change to in a couple years.

Cb has some shortfalls but a lot of people don't even bother to tune their antenna's. I always bring my swr meter because there is always someone that has no clue and thinks they plug it in and bolt it up and magic happens and then they sound like shit. After a quick tune everyone is happy. Instead of just replacing things people need to learn why things aren't working. I guess that's just our society today though...

Don't get me wrong, I like new tech and adopt to new things, but I'm not throwing out my TJ for a JL anytime soon. I'll add in heated seats, apple carplay, ect. The JL may be shinny but my TJ can go everywhere it can and more.