CB Secure Mounting

L0La

My grandfather just passed away (big jeep guy) and I managed to steal his CB away from his crazy wife. I have a TJ handsy town and it’s not uncommon to at least be broken into once a year. I’m worried someone will snatch the CB to make a quick buck, and it means more to me than just a CB. Can anyone who’s put in something more secure than a couple of screws give me some pointers or advice?

When I am on the trail with friends, we select a channel at the trailhead and generally stick with it unless we find a nearby group is on it. Rarely do I find a need to flip around between channels.

So, if theft of that CB which such sentimental value is of concern, a zero cost out of sight out of mind solution is to mount it under the seat and run the mic up between the seat and center console.

Another option is to mount it in the center console. You can make the center console significantly more secure with an insert or replacement from Tuffy. The upside to this solution is more secure storage for the CB and other things. The downside is that you will be out a couple hundred bucks to do it.

A third and very simple solution is to put a quick connect on the power wires and just unscrew the antenna and pop the connector when you don't need it in the Jeep.