CCD to PCI

Theblkprl1999

The black pearl
Supporting Member
Would it be possible to depin the pci/transmit receive stuff from a 2004 connector and move it to a 1999 connector on the c3 plug

E75A37CA-20F6-488C-82DA-07B03A140872.jpeg

DF1A8B0B-E52B-4359-B3A1-EFC611F064BC.jpeg

The connector pins are easy to remove, though it does take getting a "feel" for it. After you do one or two (I suggest trying on a spare connector if you have one), it goes quick. Next time you're at a junkyard, snag a few connectors off busted harnesses and grab a few of the silicon rubber "plugs" to fill in any empty cavities.

Here's the tool I used to de-pin the Mopar connectors: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003V5H5YK/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I know I can depin them I’m just curious if it would work. I’m swapping a ccd 5.9 mag into the tj with a pci and I have a spare Tj ccd harness so I could pull the wires for the pci out and replace with the ccd send receive wires.

I know I can depin them I’m just curious if it would work. I’m swapping a ccd 5.9 mag into the tj with a pci and I have a spare Tj ccd harness so I could pull the wires for the pci out and replace with the ccd send receive wires.

Well, a wire is a wire at some point, right?? I have to admit, I'm not sure what you're actually asking. If your TJ is PCI already, it would make sense to simply rework the Ram CCD harness to a PCI pinout and get a proper PCI ECM (an 02-03 Ram 5.9 ECM).

Now, with that said, since you have a CCD harness, you could simply run that, but you'll need an early gauge cluster to keep things working like it should. You may need to depin/repin a connector on the interior, but it's been a while since I looked at the harness connectors so I can't say one way or the other. If you need an early 96-98 cluster, let me know, I think I still have one in my parts bin.

I’ll have to look into that I do have the cluster. And harness for the interior and the ccd 4 liter so simply stated. I should be able to use the ccd harnesses and just rework the cluster wiring? Should get everything to work

First question, in Utah do they do emission testing? If so will it end up causing you issues swapping in an ecm at least 4 years older than your jeep?

Second, if not then I do have a pci computer from an 02 ram 5.9 laying around but it would need skim removed

How much do you want for the ecu. And would I just have to swap sensors from what I have to some 02 ram sensors?

When I did mine I merged the tj and ram harness, used most of the tj harness and swapped in the c2 harness from the ram since it has all the injectors and transmission wiring needed on it. I think I may have had to extend a couple other connectors but that was it. I did the opposite, pci into ccd. I think a couple sensors had the wrong plugs but that was about it.

For the pcm, 75 shipped sound good? I know there are quite a few sites out there that remove skim but I haven’t looked into them much since it was the wrong year for me.

Interesting. Right now what I’ve got going on a is basically a 2004 rhd that needed a trans and I had a 99 Durango laying around with a 5.9 and 46re so I figure you know what. Let’s do it. I also have a full donor 99 Tj. So my thought to make it as simple as possible and I can’t for the life wrap my head around the wiring. What I need to do to keep everything working properly. Gut the 99 and swap ALL the wiring into the 04. Or do I use the 04 stuff and run aftermarket gauges?? And get the 5.9 running with the Durango harness only? How do I splice in the body harness from the Tj… idk. I guess I will get a better idea once I pull the 5.9 and wiring (still my daily driver for another few weeks) idk. Am I over thinking it?? Idk.

To me, the wiring seemed very overwhelming when reading about it. But once I had both engine harnesses in hand and printed copies of the pin outs from the fsm it made a lot more sense of what was needed to do.

As for the 99 tj I’m not sure what all would need to be swapped to your 04, but it would be at the very least the gauge cluster and whole dash harness. Maybe someone else can chime in on if anything else has to be swapped to make that work.

How much do you want for the ecu. And would I just have to swap sensors from what I have to some 02 ram sensors?

Just a heads up, the early and later year sensors have different connectors BUT operate the same. You can use any year sensor on any year ECM, assuming you can physically plug the harness into it. The 98-99 transitions have a mix of sensors as Mopar was using up the remainder of the stock on hand. I did a 98.5 harness clean up for a guy who was Magnum swapping his YJ and the harness was a mess from the factory and had so many differences between the 98 and 99 FSM that I never would have believed it if I hadn't seen it.

Just a heads up, the early and later year sensors have different connectors BUT operate the same. You can use any year sensor on any year ECM, assuming you can physically plug the harness into it. The 98-99 transitions have a mix of sensors as Mopar was using up the remainder of the stock on hand. I did a 98.5 harness clean up for a guy who was Magnum swapping his YJ and the harness was a mess from the factory and had so many differences between the 98 and 99 FSM that I never would have believed it if I hadn't seen it.

Was that Chris?

Reactions: pc1p
Was that Chris?

Johnson - yup :) I prepped his YJ and Ram harness... I thought I had seen it all but his 98 Ram harness was absolutely nuts... 98 connectors, 99+ connectors, random wires for 1-year only stuff, etc. His YJ harness was also funky but much less so.

Johnson - yup :) I prepped his YJ and Ram harness... I thought I had seen it all but his 98 Ram harness was absolutely nuts... 98 connectors, 99+ connectors, random wires for 1-year only stuff, etc. His YJ harness was also funky but much less so.

He speaks highly of the work you did for him. Although, he's not real nice to your harness...

• Haha
Reactions: pc1p
He speaks highly of the work you did for him. Although, he's not real nice to your harness...

Hah yeah, I've seen a few of his videos on his FB page. He's rocking the shit out of that Magnum. Was wondering if he'd get the bug for a stroker build one day after showing him my RamCharger build...

This is so true. I had so many connectors that didn’t match the fsm that I was flipping back and forth between multiple years for the correct connectors and pin outs