CCW info I didn't know

05LJ

TJ Enthusiast
While taking a CCW course today, I was informed of something I had no idea about and could potentially cause me lots of grief. I routinely travel through 4 different Indian reservations making sales calls to cities in Colorado, New Mexico and Utah. The Jicarilla reservation by Dulce New Mexico has a policy of NO loaded handguns as well as the Southern Ute and Ute tribe in Colorado. The Navajo tribe in New Mexico has no restrictions. OK you say I will just unload my weapon before going through there. EXCEPT, the Jicarilla res states unloaded including the magazine, and ammo in separate area not stored with weapon. So much for carrying my Glock 40 because anyone that has one knows what a pain to unload and reload a 15 round clip is. Sorry Cali people, we can legally have high capacity mags in Colorado. The penalty is loss of gun and potentially your vehicle and they are very strict about it. Looks like I will be buying another gun soon and it will be a wheel gun as my others are semi auto.
Point is to be aware of restrictions in neighboring states and make sure there is rapacity with your permit to carry concealed.

Okay what is the probable cause to say you are in violation? I carry. One loaded everywhere and have yet to be challenged. Okay I will not try to sneak my Sig into Canada! Screw The Mormon militia Bundy. They ate idiots!

Reactions: Chris
Probable cause on an Indian reservation? Questionable there. As I understand it, if they run your license, your ccw could show up. Not worth the chance imo. Haven't been stopped for anything in probably 15 years and only one speeding ticket then. Their law supersedes state law so better safe than sorry and not to mention loss of company car and job. Wheel gun it is.

Here in Canada, you enter an indian reservation it is like a different country. Probable cause??? Like a white cop has "probable cause" every time they stop a black, mexican, native.