CD stuck

Reece

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
So I just realized there is a CD stuck in my 2005 stock stereo.

Any tips on how to remove. The eject button does nothing.

Frustrating.

You can try a paper clip or tweezers to get it up into the eject track

There is a spring inside that wears out fairly quickly with lots of use

The alternative is to remove the into and cover to manually eject it

I don't think they put the backup manual pin slot on the stereo units exterior in the rear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X2 to what Shane's advice. That's spot on, same advice I would have given.

It's probably lost. Had the same thing happen to my stock Silverado deck and the CD was toast by the time I got it out. Don't fret, I am sure you can find another Spice Girls CD on Amazon ;):D

Take this opportunity to get something modern with Bluetooth so you can stream. No CD's to lug around or get jammed, can make legal phone calls, etc.

Reactions: LTTJ and Reece
It's probably lost. Had the same thing happen to my stock Silverado deck and the CD was toast by the time I got it out. Don't fret, I am sure you can find another Spice Girls CD on Amazon ;):D

Take this opportunity to get something modern with Bluetooth so you can stream. No CD's to lug around or get jammed, can make legal phone calls, etc.

Yea I would like to find something driver friendly, phone link friendly, and most of all wallet friendly

You know being a Jeep and all

Yea I would like to find something driver friendly, phone link friendly, and most of all wallet friendly

You know being a Jeep and all

I was in the same boat and ended up with a Sony media player, no cd, for around 50 bucks. Does not have BT but I already had a BT adapter. It does have the usual 3.5mm plug and a USB port. It is very shallow not having a cd player so I was able to mount a small marine amp behind it.

Reactions: Shane Mckinley

yup, that is exactly how I listen to my spice girls now!

Reactions: Rob5589

Ha. No spice girls. But I just got a copy of "license to Ill" I was gonna play that's how I noticed the stuck one. I don't listen to much music when I'm driving. Almost exclusively talk radio.

I think I will break down and get a new deck(do they even call them that anymore) I spent about an hour with it tonight. That's enough.

Thanks guys

Reactions: Chris S
Driver and wallet friendly gizmo here. It plugs into the headphone jack on your phone (sorry new iPhone users) and you just set it and your radio to the same station. I got one to listen to music until I decide what to do about the stereo. It isn't the best ever and you can't talk on the phone hands free with it, but for $14 it is entirely adequate for music or audiobooks.

JETech Wireless FM Transmitter Radio Car Kit for Smart Phones bundle with 3.5mm Audio Plug and Car Charger https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00URUJWPW/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Head Unit
Crutchfield
Marine (water resistant)
Bluetooth
White background (black letters, for top down)
$80-100