Chasing a rattle

Well that was easy, I think. It was the radio. When I installed the single din radio it came with a very thin single din adapter that won't stay tight. There was also no easy way to add a rear support bracket so I wedged a piece of foam under it which worked for a while till the din adapter loosened up allowing the radio to bounce upwards in the rear and smack the ducting which in turn telescoped thru the ducts throughout the dash. The antenna adapter and two connectors also sit there and were probably hitting the duct. I wedged some memory foam in there yesterday and all seems good now. Might see if there is a better din adapter available.

Reactions: Rickyd
Ever since the big adventure at Redington Pass a couple of weeks ago I've been fixing loose ends-literally. Yesterday I replaced the front sway bar links with QDs, today I replaced the rear links and bar bushings however I have this one loud rattle/squeak/screech that sounds like it is coming from the upper left dash area or cowl. It happens when the left front tire hits a bump. I pulled the knee cover and reached around up there and can't find anything loose, I pulled the defrost vent but not much to see there. I crawled underneath and checked shocks and springs. Control arm bushings look OK but that's just a visual, and it really sounds like it's higher up anyway.

I'm running out of ideas so I came here for more. :unsure:

I had a really annoying chirping squeak with every bump big or small that sounded like it was coming from the dash on the left. After much hunting it turned out to be the center hood latch. A bit of grease on the latch and the hole where it catches and the chirping squeak is gone!

Reactions: Rickyd and B1Toad