Check gauges

Rclarkson62

So here in VT it got down to the negatives and when I turned my Jeep on this morning. Exceptionally slow crank, still turned over. But I have a "check gauges" light on and me shifting into reverse was slightly tougher than usually and it took a few seconds for reverse to engage. Why is that? What could I do?

Switching to a 0W-30 synthetic engine oil will help the engine crank more easily, or at least a 5W-30. Also maybe your battery is on the edge, batteries struggle when new when it's cold enough, an old battery may just not have enough life left for exceptionally cold weather. What transmission do you have? If it's a manual are you running a good synthetic lube in it?

Also, your Profile is empty, it gives no information about what you're driving. Model year, engine size, transmission type, tire sized, etc. are all helpful to put into your Profile so we can answer your questions more easily.

Switching to a 0W-30 synthetic engine oil will help the engine crank more easily, or at least a 5W-30. Also maybe your battery is on the edge, batteries struggle when new when it's cold enough, an old battery may just not have enough life left for exceptionally cold weather. What transmission do you have? If it's a manual are you running a good synthetic lube in it?

Also, your Profile is empty, it gives no information about what you're driving. Model year, engine size, transmission type, tire sized, etc. are all helpful to put into your Profile so we can answer your questions more easily.
I did an oil change over the fall with a 5w-30 oil. I drive an 04 auto 4.0l 4 speed. I honestly don't know the trans type. Stock for sure. This is the first time I had a delay in reversing and going into drive. The battery wouldn't affect the delay in reversing, right? Lol 😆

trans might be a little low on fluid which would show itself when its that cold.....being that damn cold i would put it in neutral when warming up to get the fluid moving some

trans might be a little low on fluid which would show itself when its that cold.....being that damn cold i would put it in neutral when warming up to get the fluid moving some
So over the fall I also did add trans fluid. It was low when I bought it. Idiot move. I did add lucas trans slip stop and it improved. Is it possible the trans fluid/lucas was so thick and cold, me quickly turning it on and reversing was the reason for the delayed reaction? What could the check gauges light be for though?