Child rescued from locked car in 100 degree Texas heat

Apparition

Moab JuneFest 2024
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
There's something about this that seems very odd.

_a_baby_rescued_from_being_lock-m-34_1690179333248.jpg

The moment a baby is rescued from a locked hot car as a heat dome that plagued the Southwest is set to cover 300 million Americans.

The video was taken Wednesday by a social media user watching on from her car in a parking lot in Arlington, Texas.

The footage began with a man using what appears to be a crowbar to smash in the front window of a vehicle parked in the 100-degree heat. The man was apparently the child's father, who locked the car keys inside along with the baby by mistake.

A second man came by to hammer at the window some more before finally breaking a hole big enough for people to lift the baby from the hot car and to safety.

73540883-12330303-image-a-14_1690177157659.jpg

73540869-12330303-image-a-15_1690177161130.jpg

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...nearly-entire-300-million-Americans-risk.html

There's something about this that seems very odd.

[/VIDEO]

View attachment 444090

The moment a baby is rescued from a locked hot car as a heat dome that plagued the Southwest is set to cover 300 million Americans.

The video was taken Wednesday by a social media user watching on from her car in a parking lot in Arlington, Texas.

The footage began with a man using what appears to be a crowbar to smash in the front window of a vehicle parked in the 100-degree heat. The man was apparently the child's father, who locked the car keys inside along with the baby by mistake.

A second man came by to hammer at the window some more before finally breaking a hole big enough for people to lift the baby from the hot car and to safety.

View attachment 444091

View attachment 444092

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...nearly-entire-300-million-Americans-risk.html

I can't tell exactly what year that car is but it appears new enough that it would have the fob that wont let you lock the doors when left in car.

I can't tell exactly what year that car is but it appears new enough that it would have the fob that wont let you lock the doors when left in car.

Who breaks out the windshield?

Even if you do, who doesn't unlock the door once you have?

Who doesn't unlock the door once you've climbed in through the broken out windshield?

Who doesn't unlock the door once you've climbed in through the broken out windshield?

You'd be amazed at how some people think....
Yes, seems weird.

Reactions: srimes

I will offer the idea that this was really a foiled kidnapping by a dumb kidnapper.

Reactions: Chris

Yeah, the baby hasn't been through enough, let's pass him through the broken glass of the windshield.

I submit for consideration.....that a short arm man.... did the mental math that is would be cheaper with parts and labor to break out the windshield then the side glass...

I could see breaking it if it was already needing replacement.

But, I’d still think in an emergency situation that speed is more important than breaking an already cracked windshield.

I could see breaking it if it was already needing replacement.

But, I’d still think in an emergency situation that speed is more important than breaking an already cracked windshield.

Do you think in hindsight, the alleged father of the child realizes that all the side windows are tempered glass and will quickly shatter into tiny harmless beads with far less effort than bashing through the laminated glass structural windshield? 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: suicideking
Maybe he wanted to take advantage of one of those window replacement promos. You know, free hotel and a steak dinner if you replace your windshield!

• Haha
Reactions: Apparition
Maybe he wanted to take advantage of one of those window replacement promos. You know, free hotel and a steak dinner if you replace your windshield!

He's the hero we deserve, not the hero we need!

• USA Proud
Reactions: Chris
I have a vague memory of a similar "rescue" years ago where a similar confused and anxious hero jumped on the hood of the car and started swinging an axe at the windshield with people sitting in the front seats.

Did you get them out?

I jumped out of the Jeep and yelled "Stay calm! I'm an overlander!", whilst unstrapping my unused Gränsfors Bruks axe from the cargo rack.

I was so high on my heroicism that I don't recall hitting the old ladies in their faces.

Last edited:
Maybe the kid was in the front seat. :)

More likely it was one of those parking lots with narrow lines. They probably couldn't get in between the cars, let alone get the doors open after bashing out the window. :fat americans:

This is exactly what I was thinking when I saw the video. WHY THE WINDSHIELD dude! That's also going to make it a shitty drive home.

Break the smallest back window.

Reactions: Apparition
I had a spare key in a magnet holder stuck way up in the engine bay of one of my cars. You had to know where to look.

Now all my cars open when the key is in range and you pull the handle. Except the Jeep. But I unzipped the rear window when I forgot my keys in the ignition and "locked myself out". I did need to use my umbrella to push the lock button from across the jeep.