Chris Stapleton White Horse Live CMA Performance

AndyG

Because some other guys are perverts
Lifetime Supporting Member
I consider live performance the barometer of musical talent-

Holy cow.

You guys from Kentucky must be super proud.

He and his band killed it.

Finally country gets a white soul singer.

Any of you guys know him or seen him live?

My hats also off to him making it in his 40’s.

Takes a lot of courage to pursue things when you are out there a long time without a break.

Reactions: Rickyd
Haven't been able to see him live but my wife and I are big fans. Dude can sing. Another you may like song the same lines is Sturgill Simpson.

Reactions: AndyG
Haven't been able to see him live but my wife and I are big fans. Dude can sing. Another you may like song the same lines is Sturgill Simpson.

I’ll check him - out I love to hear a good strong male leads.

Chris is a sensational picker too...It is amazing that somebody with that much talent would take that long to get discovered that man there is so much competition out there.

Reactions: DaveC
Seen him in July this year. It was, hand down and without a doubt, the best concert I've been too. He is simply amazing.

Man thanks for the post. I am in now way surprised.

I could not believe the quality of the performance at the CMA awards-

I’ve seen some people live that were a pretty big disappointment-

Nothing makes me a fan quicker than a good live performance-

- it doesn’t have to be running around and jumping all over the stage, The Eagles are a good example- They just flat sounded fantastic live. No smoke, no flash.

I love it when somebody’s best gimmick is no gimmick at all. Just good work.

Last edited:
Man thanks for the post. I am in now way surprised.

I could not believe the quality of the performance at the CMA awards-

I’ve seen some people live that were a pretty big disappointment-

Nothing makes me a fan quicker than a good life performance-

- it doesn’t have to be running around and jumping all over the stage, The Eagles are a good example- They just flat sounded fantastic live. No smoke, no flash.

I love it when somebody’s best gimmick is no gimmick at all. Just good work.

100%. He just flat out sang. Nothing fancy, no dancing girls. Just great audio and a great performer. One of my biggest pet peeves about live shows is the music turned way up and the audio is down or garbled. Chris wasn’t that at all. You could hear him (and his wife) and it sounded like what his songs sound like on the radio…but not like he was dubbed or lip syncing. You could tell it was live. It was a spendy ticket, but totally worth it.

Reactions: Rickyd and AndyG
100%. He just flat out sang. Nothing fancy, no dancing girls. Just great audio and a great performer. One of my biggest pet peeves about live shows is the music turned way up and the audio is down or garbled. Chris wasn’t that at all. You could hear him (and his wife) and it sounded like what his songs sound like on the radio…but not like he was dubbed or lip syncing. You could tell it was live. It was a spendy ticket, but totally worth it.

A voice that you can bring out in the mix is a voice. Bryan Adams had a 100,000 watt sound system when he toured in 1987 - mainly focused on his voice. To be fair artists will also do that to keep from screaming for 2 hours and losing that voice.

Darryl Hall and John Oates- outstanding live show. Darryl is, to me, the best white soul singer in decades.

Chris has become enormously valuable fast, for want of a better word. He basically came in as an instant A list act.

I noticed Keith Urban liked the performance…..that spoke volumes. Keith is enormously talented and seems like a good soul as well. Musicians’ musician.

If someone is good, it’s going to come out. During our generation production techniques advanced to the point that anyone could be made to sound good in the studio. That made for some really bad concerts.

I knew Chris was good from the radio, but when I saw that I was like , are ya kidding me? He is right off the record. I also noticed that was probably the most minimal drum set I’ve seen in forever.

I am really happy for Chris and his wife. Now if we can get Jelly Roll to decide his life is likely a lot better than the train wreck he sings that it is……

• Haha
Reactions: John Cooper