CIPA mirror

Stinger

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
My wiring harness got mangled. This is an older auto dimming, compass, thermometer, with map lights. Can't find my install instructions and not sure where the power side of the harness attaches. Anyone have a copy of the instructions?

image.jpeg

Reactions: Chris
No... But now I want one of these.
There are several versions available from 4 wheel parts, Quadratec, etc. They run about 300. I really like mine, just wish I could get it wired up again.

I'll have to buy one at some point. Wish I could help with the wiring. Would it be too hard to figure out with a digital multimeter? Or is that even possible?

I'll have to buy one at some point. Wish I could help with the wiring. Would it be too hard to figure out with a digital multimeter? Or is that even possible?
Tried that. Just didn't work. At this point I'm not sure that the head is even functional.
Nothing on CIPAs website for this model. It's about 9 years old

I wouldn't be surprised if after 9 years it failed.

I assume you've tried running power to it?

My wiring harness got mangled. This is an older auto dimming, compass, thermometer, with map lights. Can't find my install instructions and not sure where the power side of the harness attaches. Anyone have a copy of the instructions?
QUOTE]
Aren't they on the mirror? :D

I wish. On the mirror it just plugs in. It's the other end of the harness for which I need guidance.

Is it the Gentex 177 mirror, if so I have one in the garage that I should be able to pin out for you.
Not the Gentex. There is no identifier on the mirror or case whatsoever. I am assuming it is a CIPA product because I bought it from Quadratec many years ago. When I trying to look it up on the website all they show is the new model that displays temp and degrees on the bottom. mine displays in a window in the glass.

No need to pay the price from Quardatec. I bought mine with the temp sensor and wiring pigtails for the sensor and the mirror from a pick and pull yard for $6. Made my own harness and it has been working for me flawlessly. Pulled it out of a Tahoe IIRC

Reactions: Stinger
No need to pay the price from Quardatec. I bought mine with the temp sensor and wiring pigtails for the sensor and the mirror from a pick and pull yard for $6. Made my own harness and it has been working for me flawlessly. Pulled it out of a Tahoe IIRC

That's good advice and what I'll end up doing. Quadratec has some notoriously high prices.

Got a wiring pin out from a member of another forum. Having a large database is a good thing.

Got the proper wires into their proper places and problem is fixed:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris