CJ exterior mirrors?

Long Rider

TJ Enthusiast
I'm tired of the cumbersome and ugly af outside rear view mirrors, and attaching the doorless mirrors is a pain. Has anyone ever modified CJ5 or & mirrors to fit?

I know they will shake at speed. I know I will have to look through the windshield to see the right mirror.

I'd just like to be able to doff my doors with ease and possibly fab up some sort of rack so I can strap em down in the back, which would be much, much easier without mirrors.

Thanks!
jim

I have a set of these:
https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadratec/quick-release-mirror-square-head-wrangler
I replaced the Quick Release bolt with a conventional bolt, installed different door limiting straps and run them year 'round.
You lose maybe 10% of the passenger side image with the doors on, but they're the best I've found. Just mount them on the windshield frame, NOT the body.

Thanks for the reply. I have a similar set for when I'm doors off, but used the bottom two bolts. I'll check and see if they will go on the top two holes instead.
Do they interfere with your doors when you open them? in the lower holes, they do.

Thanks for the reply. I have a similar set for when I'm doors off, but used the bottom two bolts. I'll check and see if they will go on the top two holes instead.
Do they interfere with your doors when you open them? in the lower holes, they do.

They will fit on the windshield frame. I got the adjustable door straps so that the doors didn't open too far. The second pic shows just how little you miss on the passenger side with doors on.
GetAttachmentThumbnail

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Last edited: