Clean air deflector orientation?

JJinQC

In the clean air circuit from air filter box to the air duct going to the throttle body there is a short aluminium tube with one end cut and shaped to create a spin of the air flow. I dropped it while removing the air duct. I would like to know the proper position and orientation of the aluminium tube. I suspect that the blades shaped portion goes toward the throttle body and the rest of the tube to be Inside the air filter box. I Added a picture of the aluminium tube extending outside the air filter box. Can somemone confirm the position and orientation of this aluminium tube.

20181211_105952.jpg

Ha oh no shit, really? :facepalm::risas3: Sorry JJinQC we're not laughing at you, just the previous owner of your TJ who installed the most laughable snake-oil product ever into your TJ. It's called a Tornado and it's absolutely the biggest joke/snake-oil do-nothing product to have even been produced. Its claims from it "spinning" the air included more HP and better MPG but they were complete BS, really. The air had stopped spinning by the time it got past the air intake manifold. Remove it and put it up on a shelf for when you need a good laugh. :)

snake-oil.jpg
Snakeoil.JPG

Last edited:
It will fit correctly in any and all postions at the bottom of your scrap bin. If you keep it long enough until the price of tin goes up, it will pay for the tax on a good cheeseburger. Or you could call superchips up and trade it in for a flashpaq 3874. They would probably work a deal on that...…..

Reactions: Chris
I agree with you all. I checked the 2002 parts catalog and it is not shown or listed. Found similar products on internet like HICLONE. Definitely to be added to the trash bin products like Jerry's Snake Oil.