Clean, low mileage Rubicon in San Diego for a great price!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does that mean its been in an accident or something?...we don't have that saying out here.

"She is all stock and has been very well taken care of."

After the repairs for the salvage title incident, I suppose...

Reactions: Chris
Does that mean its been in an accident or something?...we don't have that saying out here.
yes, that means the car was not worth repairing according to the insurance company, so they "total it" like a total loss. they then can sell the car with a title that says salvage. Someone can repair the car and have it inspected to be safe, but the salvage title will follow it the rest of the way.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
In all fairness, a salvage title doesn't mean it's necessarily a bad car. However, insurance companies typically won't offer full coverage on salvage title vehicles, banks won't offer financing on them, and it cuts the resale value practically in half.

Do they repair and sell vehicles that have had major damage in NZ?
Yeah they do but you don't have to declare it by law....I guess it depends on just how bad the accident was..panel damage and repaint probably not but bent frame, rolled or major electrical yes.
I'd say most sellers wouldn't say anything..Buyer beware and all that ,I always get it checked out by a pre-purchase car inspector before I'd hand over any cash.
* on a side note all vehicles here have to to be checked every 6months or 1year depending on how new the car is.....a written off vehicle has to go through a very rigorous safety check before been given the big tick!

Status
Not open for further replies.