Cleanest CJ-5 I've ever seen

Jaxon B.

TJ Enthusiast
Went to Jeep Beach at Singer Island, FL on Saturday, and there I saw the best-looking CJ-5—or best CJ in general—that I have ever seen.
83b226bb-010f-454c-8b67-27af0e421706.jpg
b4e08b02-9080-4568-85b0-953876328099.jpg
e9c8500b-e908-435d-b814-86bdbdc2b4ec.jpg
4ba30321-caff-4e26-b301-c1954e3ed837.jpg
8ddd916a-9c2f-43e1-9125-b8239d1800b0.jpg
Completely clean underside as well, no rust at all. I was told by a couple of other lookers that it was '72-'75 based on the windshield and fenders.

A little bonus, a YJ got stuck in the sand, and a CJ-7 came to get it out, but said CJ got stuck in its effort, and I just took a quick vid of both of them stuck. Both very clean as well!

Reactions: JLLJ and Vasq
Completely clean underside as well, no rust at all. I was told by a couple of other lookers that it was '72-'75 based on the windshield and fenders.

That is a good looking Jeep and I believe it's from '72-'75.
In 1972 those front fenders grew in length to follow the frame in making room for the AMC straight sixes. That extra fender length continued though the YJ and TJ years. I'm not sure what happened when the 4.0 ceased to be sold. The windshield frame with the external wiper motor started in '68 or '69 and continued through '75. Even those flip style clips holding the windshield upright, the skinny as Hell steering wheel and column, the ignition key switch in the dashboard and what looks like an add on turn signal switch also lasted through '75.

A little bit off
The front turn signals with only 2 screws each and the rear view mirror being glued to the windshield didn't start until '76 and the tail lights may be set too high. I wouldn't pass on any of that. The padded dash and grab bar along with those wheels are something I would pass on...to anyone that would take them away.

Still a good looking Jeep though.

Now that’s nice! I like that there’s no instrument surround & I like that old school skinny steering wheel. It reminds me of the Jeep’s that were around when I was a little kid.
Part of the appeal of my TJ is that it reminds me of an old ‘74 Datsun pick-up that I used to own. I know it sounds crazy, but the Jeep drives almost exactly like that old Datsun on the road. Not too many people had 4X4s back then & I was no exception, but that old truck with 2 wheel drive & open gears in the rear end would crawl all over the rocks & up the steep hills at our Honda, Texas deer camp & never spun a wheel. ‘Good memories.

Reactions: Jaxon B.
Now that’s nice! I like that there’s no instrument surround & I like that old school skinny steering wheel. It reminds me of the Jeep’s that were around when I was a little kid.
Part of the appeal of my TJ is that it reminds me of an old ‘74 Datsun pick-up that I used to own. I know it sounds crazy, but the Jeep drives almost exactly like that old Datsun on the road. Not too many people had 4X4s back then & I was no exception, but that old truck with 2 wheel drive & open gears in the rear end would crawl all over the rocks & up the steep hills at our Honda, Texas deer camp & never spun a wheel. ‘Good memories.
OOPS! I meant to post a pic. This isn’t my old truck, but it looked just like this one.

95A445F9-4D62-40DC-8150-B6191C4197C6.png

Reactions: Jaxon B.
Wow, gorgeous. That would be such a fun beach cruiser.
I would love to drive it. Ever since getting into automobiles, I have been seeing cars that just make me think "damn I wanna drive that thing" lol.

I.E. my neighbor has an old I-would-guess 1960s Porsche with a 4-speed manual trans that I pass every day and makes me think each time "damn I wanna drive that thing."

Reactions: RobertJ