R3ID05TJ

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Fan control speed...
1 = HIGH
2 = HIGH
3 = low
4 = OFF

Do I need a new blower control panel or is there something else going on? If I need a new panel where is the best place to get one?

Or is it a bad resistor?

You need to look at blower motor resister and connector. I bet the connector is melted to point where wires are touching.
Buy a new resister and connector. Amazon has them with fastest delivery time, Rock auto has them too ,

So I replaced the resistor today. Fan speeds still messed up. It didn't change anything. Resistor could be bad? Was $13.50 off Amazon. How do you test to see if its bad? What else should I look at with this problem?

Hey Tucson. ! Fan speed is controlled by resistor and switch, on a problem like yours either connector to resistor is melted causing a short or switch is shorted,possibly wiring in between 2 , the resistor limits current flow to fan, on low (1) there's the most resistance . On Hi (4) there's no resistance straight current. So if you were able to pull connector off resistor it probably isn't melted or shorted, on yours speed 1 and 2 are high speed or no resistance which means it's probably in switch or wiring. Take a look at wiring something's melted / shorted if you see nothing in wiring replace control head which switch is in. Good luck !

Reactions: R3ID05TJ