Clutch pedal hard as a rock!

GrizTheJeep

Hey everybody! I'm new to the forum and need help!

Today on my way to work, I went to shift to 4th gear and my clutch pedal wouldn't budge. I had a master cylinder/slave cylinder assembly dropped off and I promptly I stalled it. First pedal push, the plastic retainer strap that holds the piston in place on the slave cylinder snapped (normal). On the second push, however, it was super rigid and immovable. I pressed pretty hard on the pedal thinking I may have not broken the retainer strap yet and BOOM, the hose on the back of the slave cylinder shot out, spewing fuel everywhere... I was told to try replacing that again as the part may have been faulty. I have also been told that the throw out bearing may be seized up... Any ideas????? Any help will be greatly appreciated

Definitely sounds like a clutch problem.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result.

Before you break anything else you need to look at the clutch.

Definitely sounds like a clutch problem.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result.

Before you break anything else you need to look at the clutch.

Also on an added side note, I didn't bleed the assembly because it came "pre-bled". I don't know if that would change anything, outcome-wise.

Also on an added side note, I didn't bleed the assembly because it came "pre-bled". I don't know if that would change anything, outcome-wise.
If you applied enough force to blow the slave cylinder line. It make more sense that the clutch fork is frozen. Why its frozen is unclear.
I know it is a fair amount of work but it should be looked at.

Reactions: GrizTheJeep
When my throw out bearing blew to pieces, the pedal was hard to push a couple times on the way to where I was replacing the clutch. After taking it apart, I was surprised I even made it there. You def need to pull the trans out I think.
20170506_134056.jpg
20170506_142242.jpg

I’m a real believer in mixing grease and anti sieze for the throwout, and lube the pivot on the fork too.

It also looks like it may have gone through your earlobe. Better have that checked.

If your going to the work of removing the tranny and replacing the clutch, replace the clip that helps hold down the pivot fork, it usually doesnt come with the clutch kit. I think O'rielys had it for around $10

Reactions: GrizTheJeep
I’m a real believer in mixing grease and anti sieze for the throwout, and lube the pivot on the fork too.

It also looks like it may have gone through your earlobe. Better have that checked.

yeah the guy at autozone said the ones in my ears were about to seize up so he gave a good deal on some new ones.