Clutch pedal squeak

JeepSola

I had the clutch slave/ master cylinder replaced due to a leak. Now, when I push in and let off the pedal it squeaks and rubs and does not feel smooth. I had the that installed the slave/master unit check it and he said that the piston is rubbing inside the master cylinder and there's nothing to be done. I did not have this issue with the old one. The new one, by the way is a Luk. I thought about removing the slave cylinder to see if anything could be done to fix the problem.
If anybody has any ideas about what is causing this, and a fix, it would be much appreciated. It's not so much about the noise, but it not feeling smooth during operation.

I severed my clutch master/slave tube on the trail...only replacement I could find nearby was a Duralast. Squealed. Went to the floor one second, the next felt like a 500 lb leg press.

Got home, ordered a Luk.

It's a five, ten minute job at best to swap out. It can be done in the middle of nowhere with minimal tools.

I'd find out what brand was installed.

-Mac

The Luk I installed last year did the same thing and drove me crazy. But after a month or two of driving, it settled down. No more squeak and the operation smoothed out quickly.

I had the clutch slave/ master cylinder replaced due to a leak. Now, when I push in and let off the pedal it squeaks and rubs and does not feel smooth. I had the that installed the slave/master unit check it and he said that the piston is rubbing inside the master cylinder and there's nothing to be done. I did not have this issue with the old one. The new one, by the way is a Luk. I thought about removing the slave cylinder to see if anything could be done to fix the problem.
If anybody has any ideas about what is causing this, and a fix, it would be much appreciated. It's not so much about the noise, but it not feeling smooth during operation.

omg, I have the same exact problem, I just replaced mine with FTE today, the squeaking and rub/catching feeling sucks. I will look out for any suggestions here. I bought mine from Rockauto. PIA to have to reinstall it, hurts my back bending and twisting.