Clutch rebuild / repair help needed

UKTJ

TJ Addict
Apologies, I have found a number of relevant threads, but nothing that gives exactly what I need. I need to repair / replace my clutch and I'm looking for some input on exactly what parts I need.

Being in the UK I am limited in terms of suppliers as they need to ship to the UK, or for some things I can use Amazon (but must be Amazon.co.uk). I am having a garage do the work as I don't have the skills, workspace or tools. I am also in a time crunch as I am due to go to Spain for a two week trip in my Jeep in early April. Given the shipping lead times I only have one shot at getting all the parts I need and would be very grateful for input on the parts list below for a comprehensive job:

Clutch Kit: LUK RepSet 05065
Flywheel: LUK LFW193
Flywheel Bolt Kit: ARP 146-2801
Clutch Fork: ATP ZA140
Master & Slave Cylinder Assembly: LUK CRS011
Pilot Bearing (including bearing sleeve repair kit): NATIONAL FC69907 - I can't work out if the LUK RepSet includes the pilot bearing or not.

Does this look comprehensive? What I really need to avoid is for the garage to be part way through the work and to find something else needs replacing that I have not bought.

Any help very much appreciated.

Looks good, I would just hold off with the new flywheel as they are seldom needed. I pulled my flywheel at 192k miles and it still looked pristine. And make sure NOT to turn/resurface the existing flywheel as doing so would remove its slight dome shape on its surface. Yes most of the time the flywheel is resurfaced during a clutch job but that is not correct for the TJ. The official Jeep Factory Service Manual specifically advises against resurfacing the flywheel. At the most use a bit of emery cloth or mild sandpaper on its surface if there is any glazing present.

Make sure to use your finger to pack the new pilot bearing with grease.

Looks good, I would just hold off with the new flywheel as they are seldom needed. I pulled my flywheel at 192k miles and it still looked pristine. And make sure NOT to turn/resurface the existing flywheel as doing so would remove its slight dome shape on its surface. Yes most of the time the flywheel is resurfaced during a clutch job but that is not correct for the TJ. The official Jeep Factory Service Manual specifically advises against resurfacing the flywheel. At the most use a bit of emery cloth or mild sandpaper on its surface if there is any glazing present.

Make sure to use your finger to pack the new pilot bearing with grease.

Thanks Jerry, much appreciated.

Dilemma I have is if I order a flywheel I won’t be able to return it, but if I don’t order one and it is needed I won’t get one in time and chances are my trip to Spain will be screwed.

Thanks Jerry, much appreciated.

Dilemma I have is if I order a flywheel I won’t be able to return it, but if I don’t order one and it is needed I won’t get one in time and chances are my trip to Spain will be screwed.

If you don't use a factory flywheel you can get clutch chatter. Is that worth it to you?

If you don't use a factory flywheel you can get clutch chatter. Is that worth it to you?
Not sure I completely understand. If the flywheel is OK it can be left and I can just hang on to the new one I buy. But if it is damaged in some way and needs replacement and I don’t have one I am a bit stuck. Am I missing your point?
Also, I thought the OEM clutch parts were made by LUK? If the flywheel is by somebody else and it is available on RockAuto I can but that one instead.

Not sure I completely understand. If the flywheel is OK it can be left and I can just hang on to the new one I buy. But if it is damaged in some way and needs replacement and I don’t have one I am a bit stuck. Am I missing your point?
Also, I thought the OEM clutch parts were made by LUK? If the flywheel is by somebody else and it is available on RockAuto I can but that one instead.

Your new flywheel will have a flat surface. As far as i know you can't buy an oem style flywheel with a domed surface like jerry mentioned.they allow the disc to be progressively engaged with less likelihood of it shuddering.

It isn't the end of the world. I have an aftermarket flywheel and it shudders sometimes,though that is a small percentage of takeoffs from a stop.it was worse when new.

Your new flywheel will have a flat surface. As far as i know you can't buy an oem style flywheel with a domed surface like jerry mentioned.they allow the disc to be progressively engaged with less likelihood of it shuddering.

It isn't the end of the world. I have an aftermarket flywheel and it shudders sometimes,though that is a small percentage of takeoffs from a stop.it was worse when new.

Ah, brilliant and thank you for the explanation. So unless there is a real issue with the OEM flywheel it is best to keep that.

something super cheap I would recommend that could hold you up during the job is a clutch throwout fork spring clip.

they are somewhat fragile and can possibly break during disassembly, it holds the fork to the pivot ball within the bell housing

not required to have, but would be a smart thing to have on hand as it could turn into one of them things that will be required & you would just be a sitting duck until it arrives.

Image.jpeg