Clutch recommendations and part numbers?

2tj

I have been reading on here that the LUK clutch kit is the one to use on the TJ. Why is the LUK clutch so highly recommended and what would be my part number for my 2000 model sport with the five speed? Also in my quadratech book they have the center force clutch kits that have different "stages" 1,2and 3. What makes the LUK better than the center force clutches??

LUK is the OE supplier with a history of reliability and durability often going 150-200k miles. The pilot and throw out bearings are more likely to fail than the disc or pressure plate.

I have no reason to have experience with Centerforce, so i'll defer opinions to others.

I just put in a LUK clutch a couple of weeks ago. Everything works well. I used to have a Centerforce clutch in my 1983 Toyota years ago and liked so I was going to buy one for the my 1999 Sahara. After researching I decided on the LUK clutch because of reviews and I could replace everything for less than what the Centerforce clutch alone cost. I have an AX15 transmission and I think that was the last year and yours maybe the NV3550. I am not sure if the parts are compatible. I got mine at Summit Racing.

The Summit Racing LUK 05-901 kit included:
Pilot Bearing (USA made)
Clutch Alignment tool
Heavy Duty Clutch Disc and Plate
Throwout Bearing (It had a plastic sleeve so I replaced it)

I also bought:
LUK LEW193 Flywheel
CWA-4338855 Clutch Throwout Fork Spring
ARP 146-2801 Flywheel Bolts (should use new bolts)
National 614093 Throwout Bearing
Mr. Gasket 910 Pressure Plate Bolts

About $350 for everything.

Check the Shift Tower Oil Seal if your transmission has one. I was ready to put my transmission back in and went to put some silicon grease on it and it just crumbled. I had to wait a few days for that to come in.

Good tools to have:
JEGS 1000lb Transmission Jack (articulates front and back and side to side, pump swivel on handle is good to push out of your way)
Lisle Flywheel Turner (holds flywheel still while you torque bolts)
36inch Socket Extension (to get those evil external torx bolts out on top of bell housing)
E12 external Torx Socket (remove these bolts first)
Slide hammer with pilot bearing puller (or do the bread trick)
rachet strap (use it many times to line things up)

While I had the transmission out I replaced my rear main seal as it was leaking slightly. Very easy without transmission in the way.
Replaced motor mounts while oil pan off as it's easier to jack up each side from bottom of motor where oil pan bolts are.

LUK is the OE supplier with a history of reliability and durability often going 150-200k miles. The pilot and throw out bearings are more likely to fail than the disc or pressure plate.

I have no reason to have experience with Centerforce, so i'll defer opinions to others.

X2 to this. OE Luk clutches have been shown to last 200k miles even with abuse. There's no reason to go with anything else, as the OE Luk clutch is tried and tested.

I have experience with Centerforce on previous vehicles (not Jeeps). I had one in my BMW that lasted 60k miles before it failed.

I wouldn't run Centerforce over Luk, that's for sure.