Code of Death P0300

Jack Jameson

Supporting Member
So last year my brother and I came to this Forum looking for some help with the dreaded P0300 Code on my 06 tj!
We read through countless posts, ran the gauntlet chasing this past and that part. Thousands of dollars and a great deal of frustration. I literally ran down the list replacing sensors, computers, checking compression, my last stop was an exhaust shop in Fontana (Roger's, super cool guy!) He went through everything and found nothing! Damn it!
Went home to start back at the beginning! Back to "fuel" so I looked at the new fuel injectors I already had (they didn't work, put the old ones back in and it was fine, but still had the P0300 code, that's why I have a new set of injectors), so starting fresh, i ordered a new set of wires, went through and soldiered new ones on, I should note that the red locking tab was missing on one of them FINALLY PROBLEM SOLVED! She runs great!
Yeah its been a rough year chasing this code! 20 bucks, some solider and shrink tube coupled with a Saturday afternoon and she's all better!

1000019685.jpg

1000018023.jpg

1000020150.jpg

1000019685.jpg

1000018023.jpg

1000020150.jpg

Thank you for posting up the solution to your problem. I haven't done much to my LJ yet, (fixing as needed), but didn't know that you needed to solder a plug wire. That seems really strange. Was it an injector wire perhaps?🤔

Reactions: Chris
Yes, it was the injector wires, sorry I thought I put injectors in the thread. Yeah the 06 has a coil rail, that I changed out to the MSD in my quest to fix the problem!
She's running great now!

20240420_133209.jpg

Good on you on being persistent. Long term the exhaust heat under the hood is sooo bad for things-Thank you for posting

Reactions: Jack Jameson