Coil Springs for Stock Height or Up-to 1.5 inch Lift (Max)

AutoCrat

TJ Enthusiast
My bone stock TJ has travelled less than 40k miles, but it has developed a sag at the front on the almost 20 year old stock springs. Hence suspension refresh is the call of order. I have already bought Bilstein 5100 (0-“2” shocks) and strongly debating H&R 52107 (One Inch lift) vs Moog coil springs 3226/3227 (Stock Height). Goal is it to stay stock or near stock height. I don’t Off-road or even dream about it apart from very occasionally travelling on light gravel roads to admire scenic beauty of New Zealand.

My TJ is 2004 (4.0L Auto) Factory soft top with half doors on stock 15x6 steel wheels with Bridgestone Dueler 9R15 tyres which are a odd ball in North America but they measure 30x10.50R15 (Not 30x9.50R15). Although I will go back to 235/75/R15 on my next tyre change but that would not happen for at least next 3 years or so. No winch and or extra weight added all the bumpers are stock.

Few questions -

1) What is better for my needs?
2) With H&R 1 inch set up would I need new longer bump stops?
3) Would I encounter any vibration or handling issues with H&R 1 inch lift?
3) Anything else I should order that is a must change while replacing springs and shocks?

Also any other suggestions on I should consider? (Below are couple of pictures of my TJ)

Thanks in advance.

IMG_0616.jpeg

IMG_0622.jpeg

IMG_0647.jpeg

IMG_0634.jpeg

IMG_2671.jpeg

Last edited:
I'd go with H&R 1" lift springs. Nothing else would be needed for your usage. Lifting your Jeep 1" won't cause any issues.
p.s. My stock springs had 125,000 miles on them and had zero sag. Still measured 12" front and 8" rear when I lifted my Jeep.

Last edited:
Reactions: AutoCrat
Not sure why it happened but front springs on mine are measuring 10.5 inches (Ride Height) on both sides. Vehicle definitely did not have a hard life in the past so I am only factoring it being possible due to the age of original springs. I haven’t measured rear springs but they look fine.

Since I will be going back to 235/75/R15 tyres on my next change, would love to see some pictures of H&R 52107 set up with them. Most have done with 31x10.50 R15.

Last edited:
So what's the latest here? I was just updating my notes (here, then scroll down for springs) and I came across this thread.

Also, love your wheels. Did you paint them? I don't think they came in that color.