Colonoscopy day tomorrow

I dont think I've had my prostate checked. Just a greasy finger right?

Yes, I prefer a small female Asian Dr will thin fingers. You should also get a PSA blood test. This will give you a base line reading which you can compare to later tests. PSA is not 100% accurate but if your numbers go up it is a good indication for further tests. Prostate cancer is Very curable when detected early. If caught early Proton therapy has the fewest side effects compared to surgery with the same overall cure rate. Many Urologists suggest surgery because thats what they do. As with any major diagnosis always get at the least a second opinion.

Had a Colonoscopy yesterday morning (third time for me). As many have stated, the only bad part is the prep.

I have low blood sugar. Hypoglycemic, but not diabetic. So any day without food is a bad day for me. Had some chicken broth and Jello during the day. Came home from work absolutely starving, so had some more broth about an hour before the first dose of prep.

Probably drank that first cup of prep too fast (so don't do that). Then it wasn't sitting well, probably because of the broth shortly before. Fought to not vomit for about 90 minutes. What if I vomit and can't keep the prep down? I'd have to re-schedule? So a bit of panic there.

Felt like blood sugar issues: It was around 68 degrees in my house and had to wear multiple layers, slippers, beanie and still felt like I was freezing. Felt a little better when I got up at 3AM to do the second dose, but still having trouble warming up. Turned the heater up to 70 which helped a bit.

Best part of the whole thing is when they give you the meds. Don't remember much after that. Wife told me stories about how I kept asking if the dr. was going to stop by after. This is after the dr. stopped by twice. Told her multiple times about talking to the nurse about a good Mexican food place across the street. YES, YOU ALREADY TOLD ME THIS STORY!!

Best meal after which was just fast food Chinese (Panda Express). Don't remember ordering it, just remember enjoying the food. Then slept for a few hours and enjoyed the amnesia.

The only Jeep part of this: Sold my old LJ back seat to @Paradiddle
Told him to come over, then fell asleep and forgot.
Wife woke me up: HE'S HERE!
Who's here?
The guy for the back seat!
Huh? Oh yeah! He has cash!

Vaguely remember talking to him.

Last edited:
Had a Colonoscopy yesterday morning (third time for me). As many have stated, the only bad part is the prep.

I have low blood sugar. Hypoglycemic, but not diabetic. So any day without food is a bad day for me. Had some chicken broth and Jello during the day. Came home from work absolutely starving, so had some more broth about an hour before the first dose of prep.

Probably drank that first cup of prep too fast. Then it wasn't sitting well, probably because of the broth shortly before. Fought to not vomit for about 90 minutes. What if I vomit and can't keep the prep down? I'd have to re-schedule? So a bit of panic there.

Felt like blood sugar issues: It was around 68 degrees in my house and had to wear multiple layers, slippers, beanie and still felt like I was freezing. Felt a little better when I got up at 3AM to do the second dose, but still having trouble warming up. Turned the heater up to 70 which helped a bit.

Best part of the whole thing is when they give you the meds. Don't remember much after that. Wife told me stories about how I kept asking if the dr. was going to stop by after. This is after the dr. stopped by twice. Told her multiple times about talking to the nurse about a good Mexican food place across the street. YES, YOU ALREADY TOLD ME THIS STORY!!

Best meal after which was just fast food Chinese (Panda Express). Don't remember ordering it, just remember enjoying the food. Then slept for a few hours and enjoyed the amnesia.

The only Jeep part of this: Sold my old LJ back seat to @Paradiddle
Told him to come over, then fell asleep and forgot.
Wife woke me up: HE'S HERE!
Who's here?
The guy for the back seat!
Huh? Oh yeah! He has cash!

Vaguely remember talking to him.

You must be high risk? Or had pollups before? The prep was the worst part I agree. What I did to help was chug as much prep as I could tolerate and then chase it with straight water.

You must be high risk? Or had pollups before? The prep was the worst part I agree. What I did to help was chug as much prep as I could tolerate and then chase it with straight water.

Yes, had pollups removed all 3 times. My dad is dying of Colon cancer. Plus had a good friend die at 30. Plus have had digestive issues that made them request the first one in my early 40's (51 now).

Chugged that first bottle and started chasing with water. Drank the second bottle slower.

All in all, felt the prep this time was easier than the previous two times. Maybe because I just knew what to expect. Played video games starting at 3AM (COD).

Yes, had pollups removed all 3 times. My dad is dying of Colon cancer. Plus had a good friend die at 30. Plus have had digestive issues that made them request the first one in my early 40's (51 now).

Chugged that first bottle and started chasing with water. Drank the second bottle slower.

All in all, felt the prep this time was easier than the previous two times. Maybe because I just knew what to expect. Played video games starting at 3AM (COD).

I'm sorry to hear about your dad. I probably said this already but I had a family friend die of colon cancer and it was awful to watch. He crumbled into a shell of the man he was and you just knew he was miserable.

I probably said this already but I had a family friend die of colon cancer and it was awful to watch. He crumbled into a shell of the man he was and you just knew he was miserable.

I watched my grandmother go through cancer for 16 months. She did the same. She started off weakened from the chemo/radiation/meds and cancer, then the last 4-5 months she just crumbled as you said until she became a shell for the last month or so. I was too dumb to understand the realities at that time. A lifelong neighbor passed from a digestive tract cancer a few years ago, but she chose not to treat with chemo/radiation. She went faster, less than 6 months, but from the outside it seemed a hell of a lot easier than what my grandmother went through.

Either way, it's a rough time for all involved.

I hate to hear that. Hopefully everyone involved finds peace with everything.

Thank you!

My mom suffered from Alzheimer's, and passed in September. He had a very invasive operation in June to remove a tumor from his liver (metastasis), probably wouldn't have had it if he wasn't trying to stay around for my mom. Now that she has passed and the cancer is already back, he's discouraged that it came back so fast, but at peace at 86. Started up with chemo again last week.

Reactions: Ron505 and BlueC
Thank you!

My mom suffered from Alzheimer's, and passed in September. He had a very invasive operation in June to remove a tumor from his liver (metastasis), probably wouldn't have had it if he wasn't trying to stay around for my mom. Now that she has passed and the cancer is already back, he's discouraged that it came back so fast, but at peace at 86. Started up with chemo again last week.

Prayers bud.