Colored Fender Flares

Igor Khmyz

TJ Enthusiast
Hey guys, I have a 2005 Jeep Wrangler Rocky mountain edition and I am having trouble finding fender flares to replace. Mine got broken in an accident. The flares are colored silver and I think they are wider than the usual black ones. Can anybody help me find a pair or maybe single? Thank you

I have a silver Rocky Mountain Edition TJ too but a 2003. I found one identical to mine in a wrecking yard that had been crunched much worse than yours. I grabbed the one and only usable flair.

You're probably going to have a hard time finding replacements in your colour unless someone has removed theirs for a different type of replacement. You might have better luck finding a set of black ones off of a Rubicon which is what I did for my LJ. Also, you're right, they're a inch wider than standard ones.

The Sahara edition also ran the same 1" wider flairs, and were painted body color. Now, whether or not you can find one in your color (colour, for my northern friends...;)) is something that I just don't know. However, I'm certain that there are more Saharas running around than Rubicons. Just a thought...

Reactions: PCO6
yeah, probably won't be easy. the Mopar Rubicon/Sahara/RME 1" wider flares are out of production, so used is likely all that will be found. OP should probably keep the option open of finding whatever color he can and having it repainted to match.

Reactions: PCO6 and Squatch
The Sahara edition also ran the same 1" wider flairs, and were painted body color. Now, whether or not you can find one in your color (colour, for my northern friends...;)) is something that I just don't know. However, I'm certain that there are more Saharas running around than Rubicons. Just a thought...

You're probably right (Sahara #'s vs. Rubicons). There are a few others (Columbia and 65th Editions +?) that have the wider flares but they're likely even harder to find. I have never tried to paint plastic flares for a colour ( 🇨🇦 ) match. I know it can be done but I know it's different than painting steel which I'm OK with doing. I suggested going with "black" ... because it's easy, IF you can find them! lol

Reactions: Squatch
I need to hit that wrecking yard by me and see if there's a Sahara there with at least one good flare, perhaps. Judging from the OP's avatar, it looks like he'll be doing some painting, regardless! ;)

Reactions: Vasq and PCO6
I needed one for my old Sahara and did a salvage yard search. It cost me $125 shipped for one flare. I bent another one and cracked the paint. A body shop did a perfect paint match for $100. Either way it isn't cheap.
p.s. Some RME Jeeps have the graphite painted flares. You'd have a better chance of finding a unicorn in a junkyard than those.

The yard by me that had the Jeeps seemed fairly reasonable. I bought my entire tub for $600, plus tax ($654, out the door). I'd like to think a flare would be $25, or less.

I needed one for my old Sahara and did a salvage yard search. It cost me $125 shipped for one flare. I bent another one and cracked the paint. A body shop did a perfect paint match for $100. Either way it isn't cheap.
p.s. Some RME Jeeps have the graphite painted flares. You'd have a better chance of finding a unicorn in a junkyard than those.

YIKES! A different situation but I grabbed 4 flares for an XJ last week from the same wrecker. They have a standard price for everything regardless of type of vehicle, condition, etc. Each flare cost cost me $12.35. Odd number bit I didn't care. No shipping of course and I removed them vs. them. I also got a set of perfect front seats for $36.40 each. All I need to do know is to learn how to paint plastic. 🤣 I also have a fibreglass trailer to do and I'm sure that will be fun too.

YIKES! A different situation but I grabbed 4 flares for an XJ last week from the same wrecker. They have a standard price for everything regardless of type of vehicle, condition, etc. Each flare cost cost me $12.35. Odd number bit I didn't care. No shipping of course and I removed them vs. them. I also got a set of perfect front seats for $36.40 each. All I need to do know is to learn how to paint plastic. 🤣 I also have a fibreglass trailer to do and I'm sure that will be fun too.
If the flares are smooth and not textured, you are not painting plastic, you are painting paint. Forget they are plastic and just scuff and shoot like painting metal.

If the flares are smooth and not textured, you are not painting plastic, you are painting paint. Forget they are plastic and just scuff and shoot like painting metal.

The only ones I have to repaint are a set of painted smooth plastic XJ flares and I'm sure it'll be pretty straight forward.