Complete AEV high line kit—6k

Status
Not open for further replies.

superspeckman

Supporting Member
https://m.facebook.com/groups/12941...ink&id=2923996124367015&anchor_composer=false
59F03C1F-1175-4790-99C1-D608F21A5E22.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Squatch
Link doesn't work unless you're a member.

The crazy thing is though, someone will pay 6k for that. I personally think that's nuts, but I guess if you want it bad enough :rolleyes:

Reactions: Electric LJ A
When you have something that rare, you can ask whatever you want for it. The price may seem stupid (and I personally think it is), but I have no doubt whatsoever in my mind that even at 6k, it won't last long.

While I do think some of the AEV stuff for the TJs is pretty neat, I am by no means that obsessed with it that I would pay absurd prices to own it.

The other issue I have with the highline kits is that if you crack one of those fender flares, good luck on ever finding a replacement. If you do, it will cost a small fortune. For that reason, I'd probably be afraid to drive a TJ with an AEV highline :LOL:

Added a snapshot. There is a LOT of discussion about and defense of the price. Pretty crazy stuff.
It’ll sell at that price and I wouldn’t be surprised if multiple people would want it. People spend stupid amounts of money on way dumber shit than an AEV Highline kit haha. Least if they want to resell it they can make their investment back and some.

Wow! $6k for the kit, plus another $1500 - $2000 to get them painted. I can think of numerous other ways to spend $8K+! o_O

Reactions: taylormade73
Yes that is a crazy price. But somebody will buy it. I think about breaking a flare from time to time, but if I worry about it to much and can't drive my jeep because of it. Then it time to sell the Jeep or the kit. 6k ??😎

Reactions: Chris
Sorry, but 6k is insane. Bet you could have the front end done at a custom body shop and only spend 1/2 of that.

Reactions: Chris
Sorry, but 6k is insane. Bet you could have the front end done at a custom body shop and only spend 1/2 of that.

The smart thing to do would just be to do one of the Jeep West highlines that Dave does. They actually look really good too.

The smart thing to do would just be to do one of the Jeep West highlines that Dave does. They actually look really good too.
I did my own, never seen JW version anybody got a link or pics

Last edited:
Hope he is exact when making the cuts. That top pic the hood is way off. You’ll get hood flutter like a motherfuc&$&. Cheap way to do a highline I guess

IDK, not really fond of the fenders running over the grill. i cut mine and tucked them back around the grill. i do wish i had found a way to pull the top corners in but that'd really fold the fender, it could be cut and pulled then filled but that's a good bit of extra work.
i got a body guy that is really interested in doing some hoods for me. OE steel hoods trimmed and new rolled edges, not the straight cut i have.
the only issue i see is that not all are the same cut. some come almost to the top of the headlamp and some go right up to the top.

mine came out ok, but the next will be better.

34846344_1822038617859036_1530118670846525440_n.jpg

Reactions: Starrs
This is probably the best DIY highline with OE fenders I've seen.

img_1980-1-jpg.jpg

img_2515-jpg.jpg

No updates in the thread since June, so I'm curious if there's been any progress.

Reactions: Starrs
Hope he is exact when making the cuts. That top pic the hood is way off. You’ll get hood flutter like a motherfuc&$&. Cheap way to do a highline I guess

He's gotten a lot better. Those photos were when he started doing this well over a decade ago. I've seen one of the more recent ones in person and he's pretty much mastered it.

Not as cool as an actual AEV highline, but I suppose if you ever need a fender flare there is no issue there. And of course, it's a lot cheaper too.

Status
Not open for further replies.