Congratulations to JMT, the May 2018 "Ride of the Month"!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats! Enjoy your month of fame!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JMT
Congrats! Enjoy your month of fame!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, that’s about all I’ll ever get! I’m trying to figure out what to do to celebrate! :cool: Any ideas? You’ve been famous once month!

Absolutely man! Congrats!
Where was the pic taken? and was there a story along with the pic at all, or just a good day out with friends?

Congrats @JMT! Does @KCsTJ get 1/20th credit since the corner of his TJ is peeking out on the right of the picture?!
Yep, I think he should get some credit, good eye! When are you coming down with your drone to take some awesome aerial pics? I'm going to SWR Offroad in Llano on May 26 or possibly the 28th. Love to have you down...Should be an awesome day

Reactions: KCsTJ
Yep, I think he should get some credit, good eye! When are you coming down with your drone to take some awesome aerial pics? I'm going to SWR Offroad in Llano on May 26 or possibly the 28th. Love to have you down...Should be an awesome day

I'll be very near Llano in Kingsland for a high school graduation, but we have to head back to Dallas first thing. We'll be in Port A soon and I am going to try and make it to the North Padre spot you mentioned while we are there!

I'll make it to the Hill Country with you guys one of these days!

Last edited:
Reactions: KCsTJ
Lol, good observation @jchadscud!
I will second @JMT - When you goin wheel in with us :) ... wow u take drone pics?
Super cool!

Yeah - Amateur at best, but I do enjoy photography and videography. Here’s a drone shot from Port A:

My newest toy is the Rylo 360 camera. It has two lenses on each side and shoots in 4K full 360 degrees. Their premise is capture everything and choose the video or pictures you want after recording. It has awesome video stabilization and can even shoot in a format to be viewed in virtual reality. I bet it would be cool mounted just above a Jeep in the middle of a pack. Would capture those in front and those behind!

https://www.rylo.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI08uqrefn2gIVA3ZeCh1wWwk4EAAYASAAEgII-_D_BwE

Absolutely man! Congrats!
Where was the pic taken? and was there a story along with the pic at all, or just a good day out with friends?
The photo was taken at Wolf Caves OHV near Mason, TX. The family that owns the land are the Eppler's. It has been in the family since the 1800's. The front portion of the property used to be used for peanut farming. That is hard to believe with all the granite. They are great people and I wheel here as often as I can. There is something for everyone, from mild to wild. At this particular location we were going up the back side of the formation the OHV is named after, Wolf Caves. Wolves used to frequent the area but are long gone now. We parked behind a JKU on 38's who was with a group of about six vehicles, one of which was an old Bronco II and another couple of trucks with a couple of Jeeps. They were hung up about 150 yards away so we ascended Wolf Caves on foot to check it out. It really is awesome. The granite landscape is just hard to believe. I just turned around and saw the serenity of the TJ sitting in that granite desert and took the pic. It was a great day with @b0xcar and @KCsTJ. I went again this last Monday for a little solo'ing. Looking forward to going back with my wheelin' budies! A great day
C080292D-FA8E-457F-856F-59A773BE64CA.jpeg

Reactions: b0xcar and EJD
The photo was taken at Wolf Caves OHV near Mason, TX. The family that owns the land are the Eppler's. It has been in the family since the 1800's. The front portion of the property used to be used for peanut farming. That is hard to believe with all the granite. They are great people and I wheel here as often as I can. There is something for everyone, from mild to wild. At this particular location we were going up the back side of the formation the OHV is named after, Wolf Caves. Wolves used to frequent the area but are long gone now. We parked behind a JKU on 38's who was with a group of about six vehicles, one of which was an old Bronco II and another couple of trucks with a couple of Jeeps. They were hung up about 150 yards away so we ascended Wolf Caves on foot to check it out. It really is awesome. The granite landscape is just hard to believe. I just turned around and saw the serenity of the TJ sitting in that granite desert and took the pic. It was a great day with @b0xcar and @KCsTJ. I went again this last Monday for a little solo'ing. Looking forward to going back with my wheelin' budies! A great day
View attachment 40320
Very cool. Your going to have to invest in a set of rock rails if you keep playing around in that terrain!

Yeah, that’s about all I’ll ever get! I’m trying to figure out what to do to celebrate! :cool: Any ideas? You’ve been famous once month!

Well, you could always go to Disneyland...once you showed them your now famous ride, I'm sure they would let you lead their character parade!

Status
Not open for further replies.