Considering selling my Moab wheels

Rubicon John

TJ Enthusiast
So I’ve been tossing around the idea as I’d ultimately like to run C range tires. I really do like the OEM look of the Moabs though so I’m not 100% yet.

What I’m wondering is how much of a demand there is for the Moabs and how much I could expect to ask for them. Mine have 4 285/75 Hankook AT tires in good shape and a spare BFG AT of the same size but a bit older. The wheels are in good condition.

I’m trying to gauge a ball park on what they would bring in money wise so I can ultimately decide how I’d want to proceed.

You can buy OEM factory Moab wheels completely refurbished for about $150 each.

And then Quadratec has their new clones for $89 each.

Moabs look awesome, but given the choice to do it over again, I would sell them and get 15s just to run a C rated tire. The difference between a C and a E is astounding.

I would say without tires a clean set of Moab wheels is probably worth about $300, maybe $350 with a matching spare.

With good tires, it will just depend on how much life the tires have and what the manufacture date on the tires is.

I would say with those tires, you could maybe expect $600 for the full set of 5.

Reactions: Fonz54
Thank you for the replies. Do you guys see a demand for them? I’m new to the community and I’ve seen a couple sets sell doing a search but that’s about it.

I guess ultimately there’s only one way to find out.

I sold mine for $250 after sitting on them for a few months. That was with good 285’s on all five. Nobody here in Northern Oregon seemed to want them....maybe demand is higher where your at.

The guy bought mine was a new TJ owner, he inherited the Jeep so he was looking for a cheap set of larger tires to run.

I really like the look fo those Moabs too but I just got a set of cheap AR 5 holes. A lot of the trails around here are so rocky I wan't sure about running a rim that has flush spokes like the Moabs, I'd be concerned about scratching them up which isn't the reason I got this thing I guess. They do make the classic TJ look though

Moabs look awesome, but given the choice to do it over again, I would sell them and get 15s just to run a C rated tire. The difference between a C and a E is astounding.

I would say without tires a clean set of Moab wheels is probably worth about $300, maybe $350 with a matching spare.

With good tires, it will just depend on how much life the tires have and what the manufacture date on the tires is.

I would say with those tires, you could maybe expect $600 for the full set of 5.

Sold my set of 5 with bald tires for $450. They're still worth a bit.

Reactions: Chris