Console lid bumpers

Kyle_W

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Has anyone found a suitable replacement rubber bumper(s) for their console lid? Mine didn't come with the Jeep.

The the ones from the glove box lid fit, but not perfectly. Anyone have any other ideas?

Last edited:
I want something like that! But no I mean the little rubber bumpers that go between your console and your console lid. They are like bumpstops!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want something like that! But no I mean the little rubber bumpers that go between your console and your console lid. They are like bunpstops!

Ohhh, I know what you're talking about. Hmmmm, it doesn't look like you can buy them separately from the dealer, can you?

Ehhh that sounds like a lot of trouble! :O

I was just wanting to find something on eBay!

I searched eBay and found nothing. Looks like you'd have to buy a used center console in order to find those bumpers unfortunately. I checked the part diagrams and Jeep doesn't sell them separately.

I searched eBay and found nothing. Looks like you'd have to buy a used center console in order to find those bumpers unfortunately. I checked the part diagrams and Jeep doesn't sell them separately.

I can get glove box bumpers, however they don't fit perfectly in the center console, so I was hoping someone was gonna chime in with their solution!

When I got the Jeep, they just weren't there. [emoji58]
But that is certainly an option! Thank you, I didn't find those myself when I looked.

Reactions: Chris
image.jpeg
Thanks Ricky mine arrived today in he post and worked a treat

When I got the Jeep, they just weren't there. [emoji58]
But that is certainly an option! Thank you, I didn't find those myself when I looked.

The above look fine but any good hardware store sells small rubber pieces you could make work. That's not exactly an area that needs a precisely made part. :)

Bits and pieces like that I'd go to a wreckers yard...here in New Zealand (and I'm sure its the same in U.S.) we have wreckers yards that you bring your own tools too and take off the bit you need from the cars lying around...Saves a whole lotta moola.:emoji_heavy_dollar_sign: ...I always end up going in for a couple things and end up pillaging as much as I can as there's not many TJ's here.

Bits and pieces like that I'd go to a wreckers yard...here in New Zealand (and I'm sure its the same in U.S.) we have wreckers yards that you bring your own tools too and take off the bit you need from the cars lying around...Saves a whole lotta moola.:emoji_heavy_dollar_sign: ...I always end up going in for a couple things and end up pillaging as much as I can as there's not many TJ's here.
we call them breakers yards here, but you wont find many jeep wrangler bits over here as not many sold in this country plus the breakers yards are so far many from me I would spend more money on petrol than just ordering a fe bits of rubber online

I have found similar pieces of rubber in stores, however nothing that would work. I ended up ordering some extra glove box bumpers since those do work!

he wants to sell whole console probably.if you looked on his site it doesn't have every thing listed..hes got bucketfuls of any thing for a jeep..call them is the best.some of the nicest people at any salvage yard ive ever been too.