Continuous P0306 problem

hey here's a ideer, if I remember correctly you have to remove the spark plugs to do a compression test. when he puts them back in just change #6 with another 1 ! both scenarios eliminated .....

Reactions: macleanflood
I appreciate the info you all are providing. I will check the wiring. Gonna have the shop swap the plugs and to the compression check on the new motor. Figure I'll hold tight till the 600 mile break in oil change for them to do that. That will also give wrangler fix time to get me a new PCM so I can try and eliminate that as well. I appreciate all the advise.

I appreciate the info you all are providing. I will check the wiring. Gonna have the shop swap the plugs and to the compression check on the new motor. Figure I'll hold tight till the 600 mile break in oil change for them to do that. That will also give wrangler fix time to get me a new PCM so I can try and eliminate that as well. I appreciate all the advise.

You can save yourself some dough if you do that job yourself, but I understand if you aren't up for it. Just don't want you do burn all of your money at the shop.

Po306 finally fixed. Thanks for all the advise. Turns out that I had a bad coil pack. I had already replaced it but the new aftermarket one was bad. Added new coil pack. I've driven it 100 miles and it seems to be fine

Po306 finally fixed. Thanks for all the advise. Turns out that I had a bad coil pack. I had already replaced it but the new aftermarket one was bad. Added new coil pack. I've driven it 100 miles and it seems to be fine

Awesome dude! That's an annoying thing about electronics (and mechanical stuff for that matter)...you can put in a bad part but assume it's good bc it "usually" is. Glad you circled back to confirm.

Sometimes you know what you are looking for and sometimes you check again on gut instinct simply to confirm. It's 50/50 when you go the latter route...you are either an idiot or the man.

Will be working on a P0306 misfire tomorrow that just happened on Wednesday.
Starting with new plugs and also have a new NGK coil pack.
Plugs haven’t been changed in a long time and coil pack is 18years old with 145k miles.

Thanks for starting this thread and posting your outcome.

Crossing my fingers…
Will let y’all know how it turns out.

Will be working on a P0306 misfire tomorrow that just happened on Wednesday.
Starting with new plugs and also have a new NGK coil pack.
Plugs haven’t been changed in a long time and coil pack is 18years old with 145k miles.

Thanks for starting this thread and posting your outcome.

Crossing my fingers…
Will let y’all know how it turns out.

Good luck. Id start with coil, plugs, then injectors

Awesome dude! That's an annoying thing about electronics (and mechanical stuff for that matter)...you can put in a bad part but assume it's good bc it "usually" is. Glad you circled back to confirm.

Sometimes you know what you are looking for and sometimes you check again on gut instinct simply to confirm. It's 50/50 when you go the latter route...you are either an idiot or the man.

Let's go with "the man"

• USA Proud
Reactions: MikeE024
Changed the plugs to XP985 as the old ones were shot.

Could not get the FN coil rail connector off even though the red lock released so did not replace it.

Cleared the P0306 code and have driven 51 miles with no codes or pending codes.

Plugs I took out were in there way to long as gap on them were around .060….

Jeep is running smooth and peppier.

Just though I’d post an update to my P0306 issue in the hope it helps.