Control arm bolt removal

JoeSpit

was planning to replace all of my control arm bushings. Of course the first bolt on the first control arm is being stubborn as all hell and seems like the bolt has fused with the bushing sleeve. I probably have to cut it as i've tried to press it out with ball joint press which i think got bent in doing so (rental) I've pryed and chisled and basically destroyed the rubber of the bushing but the bolt basically stays in place.

What method for removing do u guys think'll be easiest. Kinda awkward for a sawsall, withh a cut off wheel through the center of the control arm or close to the inside bracket even work with all that rubber, or will a butane torch be able to do the trick.

Either way i gotta ride my bike to pick up whatever i need (after i fix it's flat) and am trying to get this out on the cheep. I'd like to be able to save my current control arm but me thinks i'll have to replace it,

Is the weight and tension off the joint? Meaning - can you jack that joint up slightly or remove the other side of that control arm to be sure there isn’t unnecessary stress in that joint holding the bolt in place?

I've had one like that where I had to cut 3 out of 8 in the lower arms. I used a sawzall and it's impossible to do without cutting through the sleeve so it's good you're replacing them anyway. Use quality metal blades like Milwaukee or DeWalt, the cheap stuff from harbor freight will burn through 5 blades per bolt. And wear safety glasses cause the chips will fly and you'll be under them. I double up with a face shield over the glasses.