Looking for control arm suggestions

Tictac99

Hey, everyone I just purchased a 99 TJ sport. It came with a 2.5 inch lift, 35 tires swing out bumper tire carrier large front bumper with winch. But it still has the stock control arms. I am thinking I need to replace them with something stronger. Since the body seems to flex a little turning. Any suggestions on getting short arms or long arms,adjustable one fixed ones
Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Scott

congrats on the purchase.

if the control arm bushings are intact and you have no vibrations in the drive sys, you have no need to mess with any of that.
maybe a stiffer sway bar. or stiffer shocks.

Reactions: JMT
Hey, everyone I just purchased a 99 TJ sport. It came with a 2.5 inch lift, 35 tires swing out bumper tire carrier large front bumper with winch. But it still has the stock control arms. I am thinking I need to replace them with something stronger. Since the body seems to flex a little turning. Any suggestions on getting short arms or long arms,adjustable one fixed ones
Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Scott

Are you sure it's body flex, or body lean in turns? Body lean=normal in a jeep.

Reactions: freedom_in_4low
Now that I look at it the front seems lower then the rear.

1BFE3A32-A931-4AD9-B86B-43235C696EC2.jpeg

6099A87F-694B-40A1-AA03-7E3E596FF407.jpeg

3F5D56AF-AB67-4DE9-833D-36087E0387D3.jpeg

E5A3EEEC-08CD-4A70-9491-4A5E11ABCF07.jpeg

A3668608-BCE6-40AE-8F67-D7AA25FE4578.jpeg

27E86A5F-E954-4DA3-9E0A-7EC059703D04.jpeg

70# winch will do that to the front end. could loose the steel for some synthetic and cut 20#. cut another 20# off loosing that hood ornament. and figure out the amount of lift and consider appropriate springs..

Last edited:
Reactions: gosborne
If you are going to do 4” lift look at one with adjustable control arms. Will up the cost but is worth it if can. Also get rid of the t-case drop as well. More cost as with that much lift will need SYE and rear driveshaft.

Depends on your budget I guess (35s done right are expensive) but for how you say will use your Jeep I would consider a true 2.5” suspension lift (springs no spacer) and small BL like the 1.25” Savvy. Then sell the 35s and run 33s.

Reactions: JMT and John Cooper
Yes I was looking into putting on a proper 3.5 to 4 suspension lift with all new springs and shockes
this changes things quite a bit. there are several components you'll want to have installed or ready to go with the new lift, for it to work best.

best advice right now is down size the wheels until you can build for them, then you can work in steps back up to them. .

Reactions: John Cooper
droppin us breadcrumbs here, put the gear change in your profile info.

get on the local sale sites like craigs list or Fb marketplace and see what you can score. axle shafts , maybe a transfer case with an sye or just an sye maybe some control arms, see whats available close and gently used and maybe get a deal.

i got MC 3.5" springs and shocks up for sale but shipping from ohio might be a killer., it's heavy stuff.

droppin us breadcrumbs here, put the gear change in your profile info.

get on the local sale sites like craigs list or Fb marketplace and see what you can score. axle shafts , maybe a transfer case with an sye or just an sye maybe some control arms, see whats available close and gently used and maybe get a deal.

i got MC 3.5" springs and shocks up for sale but shipping from ohio might be a killer., it's heavy stuff.
Thanks for information