Coolant

B1Toad

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Noticed my TJ has green stuff, very new. Research says it should have the orange G-05 (HOAT?). Should I do a flush and change it? Engine and radiator are both fresh.

Noticed my TJ has green stuff, very new. Research says it should have the orange G-05 (HOAT?). Should I do a flush and change it? Engine and radiator are both fresh.

I went through this last summer, in Texas, flushed, new radiator, everything.

The color, after all my reading, is no real indication. It kind of is, but really isn't.

Our TJ's should have HOAT G-05 like the Zerez is what you should use. The real problem is mixing it, so if you're TJ is running well, and you don't have an issue, you can leave it be.

If your engine and radiator are fresh, I doubt they mixed different kinds, which can turn to gel, and be a problem. I'd leave it alone.

I would say next time you plan to flush, do a hard core flush. Run thermocure for a day, drain, pull the thermostat, put in distilled and run engine for a couple minutes, drain and repeat until it's clear, and drain the block each time, then when clear, fill it 50/50 zerex hoat with a new thermostat.