Corbeau seats: Vinyl or cloth?

Aloha Joe

TJ Enthusiast
I’m going to order new skins for my Corbeau seats. I live in Hawaii so the doors are off most of the year, so the seats get a little wet, particularly while parked at work on a rainy day (though the top is covered). Cloth seems better for comfort and breathability, vinyl seems easier to dry off but less comfortable (meaning hot and sticky).

What would you get? Consider summer driving in swim shorts and a dry-fit t-shirt, and also getting in after work on a rainy day with no doors (top covered by Trektop, which lets rain drip inside the tub).

Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions. The members here make this one of the better forums I’ve belonged to - I’m grateful to be here, and appreciate you.

Last edited:
Cloth as well, I’m one of few people that refuse to buy a car (and actively avoid riding in them) with leather or vinyl seats.

Wow, thanks guys! For some reason that’s not at all what I was expecting to hear. I’m particularly glad to hear it from someone who’s had vinyl seat covers in the past.

I put in a set of the Baja RS, cloth covers lasted about 6 months, the second one lasted 4. Crap seats in my opinion.

Where was the problem with the cloth seats? I already have Corbeau seats so I’m pretty limited (I don’t want to spend $600+ on new seats).

I have cloth MasterCraft seats and wouldn't want vinyl seats.
IMG00789.jpg

Have you thought about using a cover for when it is parked? I have one that I use at night when wheeling so the morning dew doesn't get my seats wet. And I also use it when it might rain which is often here in the PNW.
One like this with the door flaps since you don't run doors most of the time? Takes about 5 minutes to put it on and take it off.
https://www.quadratec.com/products/11186_2XX_PG.htm

Last edited:
If I go the cloth route (which is seems like I will, or maybe at least vinyl sides with cloth center) I was thinking I’d get covers for just the seats.