Cost and quality efficient Jeep build for hard working high school noob

If I were to put off any mods for this lift height. It would be the track bars.
An off center axle for a few months isn’t going to break anything.

And a strong 2nd on stepping back to 33-10.50’s

Oh, as far as sway ar links go. You don’t “need” a $150 set. There are plenty of DIY write ups arond to do it for less than $50
An off center axle introduces a third angle to the driveline....that is in no way good.

If you haven’t driven a TJ with Jks links you may be suprised....most people that install them are amazed. Plus, they are so robust they will be good years later.

Reactions: SvtLdr
An off center axle introduces a third angle to the driveline....that is in no way good.

If you haven’t driven a TJ with Jks links you may be suprised....most people that install them are amazed. Plus, they are so robust they will be good years later.

Perfect is the enemy of completing a goal.
If you notice, I stated “for a few months”. Our young enthusiast has stated he’s on a limited budget at this time. So putting off track bars “for a few months” in order to allow him to earn some more Jeep $$$ is NOT going to cause the truck to convulse, spit out the driveshaft and leave him walking. But in the mean time he’s been riding high on his 33’s which (we don’t know) may have been necessary because his 31’s are to the cords.

While JKS disco’s are the cat’s meow of a product. They arn’t the only solution. AGAIN, this young gent is budget constrained and sway bar links/disco’s is a luxury item for completing the goal, they can be delayed.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
If you notice, I stated “for a few months”. Our young enthusiast has stated he’s on a limited budget at this time. So putting off track bars “for a few months” in order to allow him to earn some more Jeep $$$ is NOT going to cause the truck to convulse, spit out the driveshaft and leave him walking. But in the mean time he’s been riding high on his 33’s which (we don’t know) may have been necessary because his 31’s are to the cords.

While JKS disco’s are the cat’s meow of a product. They arn’t the only solution. AGAIN, this young gent is budget constrained and sway bar links/disco’s is a luxury item for completing the goal, they can be delayed.
I drove with a 2.25" BB for 3 years without adjustable track bars or relocation brackets. You are correct. The axle shifting 1/2" doesn't hurt anything. I know people who have been driving with that setup for 10-12 years.

I drove with a 2.25" BB for 3 years without adjustable track bars or relocation brackets. You are correct. The axle shifting 1/2" doesn't hurt anything. I know people who have been driving with that setup for 10-12 years.
I’d hate to see their bills from Tom Wood

Yes, no , maybe...but Eventually ...

I know all about it, I was young and got my wheels the same way.

At the end of the day I’m recommending the best products and the right approach...he will do what he can afford.

Right angle ball and socket sway bar links won’t last a year with street use, once he buys twice he can have afforded the better product.

I’m with you, my 06 is lifted 2” with stock track bars, and it is so good I’m not messing with it, even with a JKS bar I got a deal on in hand.

Last edited:
The Zone 4.25" combo lift (3" suspension/1.25" BL/1" MML) with Rancho RS5000X shocks is a good base lift that you can build on later IF/When you decide to. I've used them on several of my Jeeps and never had any problems with them. Roughly $650 with the Rancho shocks.
Trust this guy.. he knows alot!!!!

Last edited:
Hello everyone! After some research I decided upon the zone 4” suspension lift with a jks adjustable front track bar, Rancho rs5000x shocks and stabilizer, race line rock crushers and am currently waiting on my adams driveshaft and sye to be delivered...
Now that all of this is established, keep in mind this jeep is my dd and I intend to keep it a dd as well as light trail rider.
What steps should I take next? Anything else needed to perfect my lift or will I be set once I install my SYE and driveshaft?
Thank you all for all of your knowledge and support thus far! Here is a photo of my jeep affectionately named “tanto”!
-Bryce
A40049CA-7F2A-4992-BA2A-25004395070E.jpeg

I go to local Facebook groups and look for upgraders off loading lightly used items for half price.

All it takes is patience and money in hand.

You'd be surprised what people get rid of in the search for the next best thing.

I do that with everything. I can afford to by new easily. But you don't get rich spending your money. You get rich taking other people's money and minimizing expenses. Moving sales are great. I'm still mowing with a used mower I bought off Craigslist 18 years ago.

Hello everyone! After some research I decided upon the zone 4” suspension lift with a jks adjustable front track bar, Rancho rs5000x shocks and stabilizer, race line rock crushers and am currently waiting on my adams driveshaft and sye to be delivered...
Now that all of this is established, keep in mind this jeep is my dd and I intend to keep it a dd as well as light trail rider.
What steps should I take next? Anything else needed to perfect my lift or will I be set once I install my SYE and driveshaft?
Thank you all for all of your knowledge and support thus far! Here is a photo of my jeep affectionately named “tanto”!
-Bryce
View attachment 254038
Looks awesome. Good choice on the lift and tires. (Next step: paint faded fender flares 🤣)

- Another high school jeep noob

Reactions: Dunkut88TJ