Counting Cars

DHunt

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Did anyone see the last episode of Counting Cars? 2 of the guys bought a rusty jeep they identified as CJ7. It had a hard top over only the 2 front seats and a truck style bed. I don't know what you call that body style. All the realty type shows maximize the drama for whatever reason and the drama here was they bought it without adult supervision and paid 6k for the car. In case the show doesn't follow up on the jeep, inquiring minds want to know if they got ripped or not? Super rare and valuable?
Also, saw 2 TJs on Barrett Jackson in Denver. 2004 LJ for 16k and 2000 sport for 8k. No details on either one except what you could see. What I did think was noteworthy was that Barrett Jackson program thought they were interesting enough to include the program. Damn, I finally bought something with some mass appeal.

Reactions: Chris
I didn't catch Counting Cars either... I usually watch it. I have it recorded, so will have to look. You can buy the half cabs for the CJ-7s and even the TJs. I even bought on for my Samurai.

Also, saw 2 TJs on Barrett Jackson in Denver. 2004 LJ for 16k and 2000 sport for 8k. No details on either one except what you could see. What I did think was noteworthy was that Barrett Jackson program thought they were interesting enough to include the program. Damn, I finally bought something

I saw that(think it was Mecum though). He got a steal on that Sport for 8k.

Alot of the cars went across the block at reasonable prices. The super beetle was a deal too.

Last edited:
Horny Mike. LOL. Seriously, the first time I see someone sporting his "merch" in public, I'm going to die laughing. Maybe he's actually got that personality and maybe the producers said "here's the part we want you to play". Can't believe everything (anything) you see on "reality" TV. I don't know what you call a person who thrives on disrespect. I agree he's the low spot in the show.

Those Jeeps with the bed in back may have been "Scramblers"? I once heard the head honcho of Counting Cars some years back made the comment he didn't care for Jeeps or rebuilding them??

Yep, definitely Mecum. Amazing stupid entertainment. Anyway, I saw a couple of 90s Scramblers come up. I think Louisville, maybe. One was pretty heavily modified, sold for 40k. One was a clean restoration, didn't sell at high bid of 20k. I guess there is some money in that model. Maybe 6k for a starter (without rust) would be right.
My favorite right from that show was a 1954 Ford pickup in root beer.