Cracked vacuum hoses, what else should I replace?

Joseph

TJ Enthusiast
I’m going to replace these cracked connector whichamacallits on the Jeep. When they did my head gasket they must’ve cracked them. I don’t want to pay more to have them done.

Anything else I should go ahead and replace? The one going to the tank looks like it’s been done before. The connectors sitting in the valve cover seem loose so I’m getting those with grommets. I know other than those connectors, the standard vacuum hoses I can match up at a parts store. I’m throwing p0442 and p0455. I have the ones in the photos in my Rockauto cart already.

I just know there’s more to the evap system than these hoses, so I’m just looking for recommendations on what else I can get in there and do while I’m doing it. Thanks

A1D40152-4646-4BC6-BD17-8162E1E75F90.jpeg

2C682662-75FE-4482-8319-22627C44ABC3.jpeg

Check the 90 degree elbow coming off your intake, (pic #1) for cracks.
Ray
Yep, I noticed when I went out and looked they didn’t seem too firm in there. Ordering the grommets and elbows for the valve cover as well. I took some photos of what was going on so I can look at the service manual and grab the parts later. Don’t know why they wouldn’t change them out when doing the job. Don’t wanna pay more for them to do it anyway. The tape and zip tie was me not them though lol

32A93F55-0A57-4A4D-8239-4B2D92E7613C.jpeg

3D61B4BE-0EF3-443D-BF6A-FBF2B0EEA320.jpeg

AE6A7317-DEDA-4FB2-B7BE-6C892898C75C.jpeg

30210E54-B4C9-49BA-8B4D-40CDE0A381B7.jpeg

1A667B51-82BF-4E4B-850E-13611E93F0F2.jpeg

549976AD-333D-49C1-9311-6A6E693CCC49.jpeg

B8F7B26F-8F4C-491D-AE89-0E3F85320E49.jpeg

0E165AFB-86FA-4508-9266-139B67CAC015.jpeg

Last edited:
Get a grommet on that positive amp lead heading through the firewall! Yikes! Hope you have a fuse on that one.

I replaced the short 90* elbow on the front breather, the hardline and rubber ends on the rear breather, and I still need to replace a few of those tiny rubber elbows on the vacuum lines like your picture.

The two breathers on the valve cover made a big difference in idle smoothness once I replaced them. I had just enough leak to mess with it.

Reactions: Joseph
Get a grommet on that positive amp lead heading through the firewall! Yikes! Hope you have a fuse on that one.

I replaced the short 90* elbow on the front breather, the hardline and rubber ends on the rear breather, and I still need to replace a few of those tiny rubber elbows on the vacuum lines like your picture.

The two breathers on the valve cover made a big difference in idle smoothness once I replaced them. I had just enough leak to mess with it.
I’ll be ordering all that stuff up tonight and yeah no grommets were found putting those wires in so it got forgotten about

Just wondering as I'm doing the same with mine, are those soft lines or hard? I would assume you don't want soft lines where you'd have a vacuum to collapse them. Or does it not matter?

Just wondering as I'm doing the same with mine, are those soft lines or hard? I would assume you don't want soft lines where you'd have a vacuum to collapse them. Or does it not matter?
Some of the smaller ones are soft lines, a few aren’t. The ones with the visible factory looking bends in them have to be ordered, the other ones should be able to be matched up at a parts store.

though i am not entirely positive, i feel fairly confident doorman part number 47128 may be the correct part for the fitting you have the zip tie on.
i ended up purchasing a new pipe assembly at my dealer for about $76 because i cracked my rubber fitting while cleaning my tps and was in a oh shit kind of moment. i only came across the part number for dorman after purchasing and installing the dealer hose with the rubber fittings on each end but i would have been much happier purchasing the dorman part for less.
might be worth some research if you feel the need to look into it and are able to compare sizes in person.