Crap Amazon seller and why are they still there?

Farmergreg

The work will set you free
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I have two duramax pickups at the farm and buy fuel filters for them. Usually around $30 each. Found a seller that had them for $15.50 and ordered 4.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00O6WPVXY/?tag=wranglerorg-20

1.5 months later and no filters. Click on the filter in my original order, they show them in stock, sometimes for $34 sometimes for $17 prices all over the place.

Two email inquiries to the seller met with no response. The Mrs. checks into it and they have 83% negative feedback in the last 30 days. (I didn't read their feedback before ordering but saw their 4.5 star rating)

Inquiries with Amazon haven't been answered.

How do you get Amazon's attention?

(added link on edit)

I have two duramax pickups at the farm and buy fuel filters for them. Usually around $30 each. Found a seller that had them for $15.50 and ordered 4.

Amazon fuel filters

1.5 months later and no filters. Click on the filter in my original order, they show them in stock, sometimes for $34 sometimes for $17 prices all over the place.

Two email inquiries to the seller met with no response. The Mrs. checks into it and they have 83% negative feedback in the last 30 days. (I didn't read their feedback before ordering but saw their 4.5 star rating)

Inquiries with Amazon haven't been answered.

How do you get Amazon's attention?

(added link on edit)
Google their customer service phone number. Call them with your account info. Tell them you want the problem fixed now and have the transaction pulled up on your screen so you don't sound like a doofus. They will handle it.

X2 to what Blaine said.

You should also know that Amazon holds sellers to a much higher standard than they would be held to otherwise. For instance, they have to ship things within certain deadlines, they have to respond to customer service emails, etc. If they don't do this stuff, Amazon will penalize them, and if it happens enough, they'll be removed from Amazon.

The fact that it's been 1.5 months is very odd. If they aren't responding, file a chargeback, but try to Google them and get their phone number first.

This is one reason I try to mostly buy via Amazon Prime when possible, as things that are fulfilled by Amazon themselves usually never have an issue.

Reactions: Farmergreg
X2 to what Blaine said.

You should also know that Amazon holds sellers to a much higher standard than they would be held to otherwise. For instance, they have to ship things within certain deadlines, they have to respond to customer service emails, etc. If they don't do this stuff, Amazon will penalize them, and if it happens enough, they'll be removed from Amazon.

The fact that it's been 1.5 months is very odd. If they aren't responding, file a chargeback, but try to Google them and get their phone number first.

This is one reason I try to mostly buy via Amazon Prime when possible, as things that are fulfilled by Amazon themselves usually never have an issue.

I've significantly reduced my purchasing on Amazon as you, as the Buyer, cannot take anything at face value.

This was my tipping point for leaving Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OM9WPFS/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Screenshot_20200621-110644.jpgScreenshot_20200621-110639.jpg

I bought a rechargeable lithium battery for my camera from Amazon years ago. Despite what it said, it was NOT a genuine OEM (Sony). Its now gone, but the original one is still working, albeit not as well as it used to. I'm afraid to buy another one from Amazon - too many counterfeit products and I get the impression that Amazon doesn't really care. Like most others, I buy a lot of stuff from them, but you have to be careful. Plus many times better prices can be found elsewhere.

Reactions: skrelnik
I bought a rechargeable lithium battery for my camera from Amazon years ago. Despite what it said, it was NOT a genuine OEM (Sony). Its now gone, but the original one is still working, albeit not as well as it used to. I'm afraid to buy another one from Amazon - too many counterfeit products and I get the impression that Amazon doesn't really care. Like most others, I buy a lot of stuff from them, but you have to be careful. Plus many times better prices can be found elsewhere.
Color me shocked and astounded that you use anything where you don't see an inverted image with flash powder. Electrical indeed!

Color me shocked and astounded that you use anything where you don't see an inverted image with flash powder. Electrical indeed!
Color me shocked and astounded that ONCE AGAIN you cannot refrain from a SMART ASS reply. Bugger off, little man. Do us both a favor and and LEAVE ME ALONE.

I’ve been hanging around here since 2017 and I wouldn’t take it to personally. I don’t think he can help it.

Yeah, Blaine is like that. Dry humor and I think he instigates, but not on purpose, I think. No different than locker room humor, just no rat tails.

• Haha
Reactions: reddvltj
I’ve been hanging around here since 2017 and I wouldn’t take it to personally. I don’t think he can help it.
I don't take anything personally on an Internet forum. OTOH, I'm not going to put up with a keyboard bully.

Google their customer service phone number. Call them with your account info. Tell them you want the problem fixed now and have the transaction pulled up on your screen so you don't sound like a doofus. They will handle it.
Amazon Customer Service is not accepting phone calls at this time. All issues must be done online. This is because of the Covid situation.

I don't take anything personally on an Internet forum. OTOH, I'm not going to put up with a keyboard bully.

Is Blaine still here? I blocked that douchebag a long time ago. There's plenty of other people on this site with far, far more knowledge than his alone-on-Christmas-Day ass.

Go to his user profile and click the "Ignore" button. Problem solved.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zorba
So far I haven’t had any bad experiences on Amazon, even from third party sellers. Of course I check out their feedback before I buy, and when given a choice I always order Prime stuff.
Same here, been using amazon since 2000, their whole system seriously favors the buyer when issues do arise. haven't had a bad experience; Recently had problems trying to get a VAT invoice from foreign sellers (so I can put in an expense claim). I always check feedback before parting with my cash especially if its a 3rd party seller.

Reactions: reddvltj and Chris
All I know is that Amazon Prime is totally f***ed up but very inconsistent about being that way.

I've only ordered a couple things from them.

A couple weeks ago, whatever I ordered was supposed to ship that day to receive it the next. It didn't ship out until the third day and took 2 days after that.

On the 16th I ordered the little plastic TJ automatic transmission cable connector "thingy" fully aware they were out of stock and wouldn't ship until the 26th. What was the dog barking about 20 minutes ago? Amazon Prime dropping that part off on my front porch at least 6 days early.

• Wow
All I know is that Amazon Prime is totally f***ed up but very inconsistent about being that way.

I've only ordered a couple things from them.

A couple weeks ago, whatever I ordered was supposed to ship that day to receive it the next. It didn't ship out until the third day and took 2 days after that.

On the 16th I ordered the little plastic TJ automatic transmission cable connector "thingy" fully aware they were out of stock and wouldn't ship until the 26th. What was the dog barking about 20 minutes ago? Amazon Prime dropping that part off on my front porch at least 6 days early.
Until the pandemic bullshit they were predictable and consistent. Then the pandemic happened and they are all over the map with lead times, shipping times, adherence to my Prime membership rules, etc. I also have called them many times in the past for various problems and was not aware they stopped phone support so sorry about that bit of misinformation.

Reactions: Reign Mack
Lol to be fair I would chalk that up to the current situation, every order I have made since March has warned me that deliveries could be delayed. For the most part I have had things arrive a lot earlier than estimated, even international orders.

Amazon Customer Service is not accepting phone calls at this time. All issues must be done online. This is because of the Covid situation.
Was not aware. I went through similar with Milwaukee's e-service not accepting any warranty returns for repair or replacement. They finally opened back up but holy crap they must have a backlog. The new charger I sent in 2 weeks ago would have already been back by now and I haven't even gotten a notice they received it yet.

Lol to be fair I would chalk that up to the current situation, every order I have made since March has warned me that deliveries could be delayed. For the most part I have had things arrive a lot earlier than estimated, even international orders.
I see the extended delivery dates so I am aware of them. I just don't believe them because they aren't consistent.

The only real problem I have consistently with Amazon - the incident with the fake battery not with standing - is their search engine SUCKS. I often have far better luck searching with Google - Amazon's engine gives so many false hits that its often virtually unusable. I've sent them countless examples, and begged for a strict Boolean search without added heuristics. Heuristical search engines *can* be fantastic, but they can also be utter Hell - a reliable way to turn off the heuristics when needed would improve things dramatically. eBay's, while still MUCH better, is deteriorating in the same way. Even Google makes it harder to perform Boolean searches these days, but they're still head, shoulders, and torso above Amazon or even eBay.