Cure for passenger door leak

Gaspaszr

The “infamous” passenger door leak, after excluding all obvious intrusions such as debris in hood air intake, etc.. I purchased an OEM pass. door seal, did it solve door leak ?? NO and NO! So, placed a sprinkler on Jeep top, got inside and tracked water. There is a piece of plastic trim affixed to right front passenger pillar (see pic.), between plastic trim and windshield frame, is a thin strip of foam insulation. The water travels off edge of Jeep top and travels down and between the windshield frame, behind plastic trim and ultimately lands on floor. THE FIX — removed the screws (blue tape x 3, then slightly pulled plastic trim from windshield frame and peeled out crappy foam seal. I had previously purchased some RV putty tape for my house trailer . Color metrics Gray Putty Tape 8’ x 3/4 “, from Amazon. Inserted it the full length of gap. Closed the door and door seal compresses the putty. Trimmed the excess with razor blade and no more water intrusion. I live in Oregon and through 3 days of rain, Jeep interior remains dry. 29EE2177-1381-40DE-B8CC-3009BF611A3A.jpeg4AB26BEE-312F-42C2-AF34-D604F2D55FD9.jpeg923E9DF2-FEE8-4978-AD8D-BF7E4B8C9C38.jpegC656AF45-C875-4A42-B8FD-9CEBE871986E.jpeg

Give it a try. Take care

Thanks, mine in the passenger floor was the windshield seal where it folds down, but today found water on driver floor from sitting in the rain a day, not driven. I'll see if that side has the same.