Currie bumpers

CaliSteve

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Does anybody run run Currie bumpers? I see them occasionally listed on Craigslist. I have the Currie lift system on my 05 LJ and like the product. I don't see them mentioned much here on the forum and their website doesn't list them. I currently have stock bumpers and am planning to change, I didn't expect the decision to be this difficult for finding a style.

Does anybody run run Currie bumpers? I see them occasionally listed on Craigslist. I have the Currie lift system on my 05 LJ and like the product. I don't see them mentioned much here on the forum and their website doesn't list them. I currently have stock bumpers and am planning to change, I didn't expect the decision to be this difficult for finding a style.

@dla has a Currie bumper on his, here's a photo:

981FCED5-CD2F-4631-9350-1185F3A8CED9.jpeg

Currie doesn't make these bumpers anymore, so if you find one, you'll have to look for one on the second hand market.

I think @Squatch has been looking for one for a while with no luck (I could be wrong).

Reactions: John E Lane
Interesting, just found a Craigslist add where someone has both bumpers and side guards. Do you know if the front bumper is winch compatible?

I don't know if it has winch mounting locations already on it, but I know that if it doesn't, all you'd have to do is drill some holes and mount a winch mounting plate to it.

These bumpers are very rare, so it would be worth buying those bumpers you found, as you likely won't find another set for a while!

The Currie hoop was designed with a fairlead mount as well. I cut that out and added the light tabs.

currie v-bumper hoop.jpg

The ones I'm looking at are a bit different than yours, the front especially, it's more of a straight design like the rear bumper. The rear is the same as you have.

That's the original Currie front "Rock Crawler" bumper. Someone added the receiver and looks like it would need a winch mounting plate.

@dla has a Currie bumper on his, here's a photo:

View attachment 43153

Currie doesn't make these bumpers anymore, so if you find one, you'll have to look for one on the second hand market.

I think @Squatch has been looking for one for a while with no luck (I could be wrong).
This bumper is DAMN sexy! Too nice for me though...I'm sure I'd bash it on a rock or something.