Currie Track bar bracket with the stock rear drive shaft

Midnight LJR

In search of Rubicon flares.
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
ok so I current have a procomp 4" lift I am going to replace it tomorrow with my Savvy 4" lift tomorrow.

I currently get no vibrations, and plan to wait to order a new driveshaft until I install my tummy tuck in a few weeks.

My question is, is it ok to install new trac bar and relocation bracket for the rear end the came with the Savvy lift, before the tummy tuck with the stock shaft?

Or will it mess up my angles and make me vibrate down the road for 2 weeks until I install the tummy tuck and order my new shaft? Should I just install the rear arms for now?

This is the angled bracket the Savvy lift comes with.

https://www.currieenterprises.com/CE-9123N
At least I believe that came with my kit, not sure if Currie has 2?

You should be just fine.

Cool, I set the angle on a stock driveshaft different that a CV style right?

Edit. found it in currie instructions says 2-3 degress down for stock style shaft.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris
Install the Currie track bar in the stock bracket pre-TT/CV, when it is time to rotate the pinion upward, install the angled relocation bracket. If you have adjustable rear control arms also, then yes, install now.

The goal for the stock driveshaft is to match the pinion angle to the transfer case output angle. Measure the driveshaft angle, then subtract either output or input angle, to get its corresponding u joint operating angle. Spicer recommends no more than 3 degree operating angle for longevity. Your u joints will have much greater operating angles. May luck remain with you, but if you pick up vibes, time to drop the transfer case temporarily. A reduction in u joint operating angles is the best you can hope for. Avoid high rpm till the rest is completed.

Reactions: Alex01
The only vibration I could see arise is not trac bar related but depending on procomp spring length and if they sag. Currie has one of the longest springs on the market. Most 4” lifts don’t sit the same height as currie. You could be increasing in height a little. If you have the stock drive shaft now with 4” you are probably on the verge of needing more shaft. Just my two cents since that’d be my luck.

The only vibration I could see arise is not trac bar related but depending on procomp spring length and if they sag. Currie has one of the longest springs on the market. Most 4” lifts don’t sit the same height as currie. You could be increasing in height a little. If you have the stock drive shaft now with 4” you are probably on the verge of needing more shaft. Just my two cents since that’d be my luck.
Agreed but with an LJ he may get lucky. lf any vibs occur a few washers under the tcase skid should fix it.

Reactions: mattcogdell
Install the Currie track bar in the stock bracket pre-TT/CV, when it is time to rotate the pinion upward, install the angled relocation bracket. If you have adjustable rear control arms also, then yes, install now.

The goal for the stock driveshaft is to match the pinion angle to the transfer case output angle. Measure the driveshaft angle, then subtract either output or input angle, to get its corresponding u joint operating angle. Spicer recommends no more than 3 degree operating angle for longevity. Your u joints will have much greater operating angles. May luck remain with you, but if you pick up vibes, time to drop the transfer case temporarily. A reduction in u joint operating angles is the best you can hope for. Avoid high rpm till the rest is completed.

Hmm having trouble picturing the difference in the way you setup the Angle for stock shaft vs CV. The above description sounds the Same to me as a CV shaft.

If you don't currently have any vibrations, I would make sure your pinion angle gets set to whatever it is set to currently. Then mess with that later when you do the tummy tuck and sye.

Hmm having trouble picturing the difference in the way you setup the Angle for stock shaft vs CV. The above description sounds the Same to me as a CV shaft.
CV Shaft Drawing.jpgStandard Shaft Picture.jpg

Reactions: rubicube
Does the stock Rubicon shaft count as a "standard shaft" according to that photo? @bobthetj03 may know...

The stock rubicon shaft already looks like a CV compared to a Non-rubicon.