Currie Trackbar Frameside Bolt Idea

Ericshere03

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I am thinking of going Currie for my front trackbar however I hate the idea of drilling the frame side cast/forged … yes I’ve done it before.

Something like this would be great
1681931843335.jpeg

So if we return to stock or go another direction, we aren’t screwed or at least having difficulty fabbing something up.

Or is there enough meat to drill a 3/4 inch hole and maintain enough space. I have seen taper repair sleeves (example, for TRE/Steering flip) but they require a 3/4” hole to be drilled.

The nice thing about the tapered adapter/stud is the strength will be better … not necessary, but still a plus.

Reactions: MichaelGH
I'd drill the frame mount and use the provided bolt without a moment's hesitation or second-guessing it.

Understood , so have I … until I needed that taper for a different mod :-/. I installed a large bolt (they had 2 back in the day (2010-ish) … when I went to sell the that LJ, I wanted to return to stock.

You can’t deny that a taper would make for a stronger mechanical connection. But the real reason is keeping the taper in case I get another “good idea”.

Reactions: MichaelGH
I am thinking of going Currie for my front trackbar however I hate the idea of drilling the frame side cast/forged … yes I’ve done it before.

Something like this would be great
View attachment 417835

So if we return to stock or go another direction, we aren’t screwed or at least having difficulty fabbing something up.

Or is there enough meat to drill a 3/4 inch hole and maintain enough space. I have seen taper repair sleeves (example, for TRE/Steering flip) but they require a 3/4” hole to be drilled.

The nice thing about the tapered adapter/stud is the strength will be better … not necessary, but still a plus.

Don’t know if this would work or if it would be strong enough.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002H39T1O/?tag=wranglerorg-20