Curved light bar causes soft top to buffet and buzz

High Line

I bought these A-pillar mounts last year:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IS94KME/?tag=wranglerorg-20

The other day, I finally ordered a curved 52" light bar for overhead. After installation, anything above 35mph, the top right behind rear view mirror starts buffetting from the airflow, and buzzing/ vibrating on the interior cross support bar. Any suggestions on how to reduce this? I've already tried cramming a12" X 1/4" fuel line section in between the top and the top of the windshield to put more tension on the top, but I'm afraid of stretching out that area of the top. I bought the curved cause I thought it would give off better light dispersion, but...........

Should I just replace it with a straight on, and call it a lesson learned?

Doug

In my humble opinion, those things are useless. In New Jersey you have to have a cover over them or you risk getting a ticket. Maybe put the money towards some auxiliary lights that sit below the hood or even a small light bar on it? Anyone I know with light bars have always had issues with noise or fitment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have an actual requirement for the light bar? Or is it more of an aesthetic reason?

They are known to cause wind noise and other issues like the one you are having.

I cannot remember which brand it is, but one of them makes an, “aero kit,” for light bars. Which is designed to fight some of these issues.

I have the small pillar pods, along with a couple on the front bumper. I only put it on because I like the night to be lit up like day when I'm in the woods at night. No real regulations on those types of things here in Oklahoma. The little jalapeno already has lockers, lift, axles, etc. so I thought I would throw one on for more daybright. I've read the stories about light bars whistling and stuff, but I'd never heard anything about what I'm experiencing............

Doug