Custom TJ center console switch panel

Pit.Viper.Jeep

Hi all.
Just want to start out by saying thank you for being around. Can't say how many issues I've solved just by browsing. As the title suggests I'm looking for some ideas/input on what people might think I should do about my switches. I equipped a switch pros sp9100 and ran the switch panel into the dash. For a while I used a template I had made by a 3D printer I found nearby and it worked out a whole 3 seasons before I had to replace it. The Texas heat is insane. Since then I've been trying to find better options on eBay and the sort to no avail. Which led me to my solution: injection mold the panel or have it made out of stainless/aluminum. My question is would anyone else be interested in having one of these panels? The plan was to make the face blank so all people would have to do was cut and drill their necessary holes. I'll provide some pictures of the piece that I have so you all know what it looks like. I unfortunately don't have a picture of it not melted. Also, I made it to where it technically works with ALL TJs with minor cutting/sanding of the dash bezel. (Or just buying the newer model TJ Bezel)
1000001907.jpg
1000001905.jpg
1000001906.jpg

1000000965.jpg

20220617_121241.jpg

My 3D printed one cracked in a couple of places.

I reinforced the sides and bottom with self adhesive drywall tape... fiberglass mess...and a thin layer of JB weld two part 5 minute epoxy.

Holding fine now.

Mine has the power port plus a second 1 1/8" hole for a USB outlet...plus two more holes for RJ46 passthroughs for my radios.

I'm interested in aluminum. I'm planning on purchasing a plasma table and tig welder at some point.

IMG20240110160134.jpg

-Mac

Injection molding that will be about a 30,000 dollar tool, if not more. I haven't bought a mold in a few years. It also wouldn't mold exactly like that. I would look into having it printed in ASA or PETG. PLA (what most 3d prints are made from) has a pretty low melt point (as you've experienced). the softening temp of ASA is up around 185° F and PETG is higher yet. Both materials have fairly good UV resistance as well.

If you have a file, I'd be willing to look at it and see if I can print it for you. It would cost a 30 dollar roll of material and a few bucks in shipping (if it fits my printer)

Also, I made it to where it technically works with ALL TJs with minor cutting/sanding of the dash bezel. (Or just buying the newer model TJ Bezel)

The bezel on the 03-06 mounts differently, so you can't just use the wrong year bezel.

The bezel on the 03-06 mounts differently, so you can't just use the wrong year bezel.

Correct, the bezel mounting is different, but most of the original switch panel and ash tray is the same. I used the 03-06 as a template for where the additional 2 screws should (did) go. Much to my surprise and relief, the left most screws on the 97-02 are the same on the 03-06 (which are on the right in the pics), so 97-02 owners would only need to move the 2 screws off of the original and into the right position on the dash.

1000001908.jpg
1000001909.png