Cutting stock bumper?

That's really nice work @ jeepnwilly! Have you/are you going to paint the bar and support or ...have u already
Thanks, yea it was painted shortly after the built was finished. the last picture shows it painted but it looks kinda dark. The entire bumper needs repainting again as it has been a number of years since I built it.

Reactions: KCsTJ
I just used a grinder and cut-off wheel to do the cutting on mine the took advantage of some shop tools to break a couple pieces for end caps and welded up all of the holes. Then coated in in self etching primer and bedliner. It’ll do for now 5FEDA326-9032-453D-ADD2-E0BEDE4EF271.jpeg199A253B-01CF-4DFF-957B-C6A96D023666.jpeg

Reactions: Squatch
Used a Sawzall on mine with whatever metal blade was in it. I used the frame rail as a guide to keep the saw stright. Then touched it up with the grinder. Everything including paint was done in place, my winch is too heavy to move.

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

Hi all! Just wanted to share my take on the stubby. Did a simple chop 2" out from the frame mounts and puddle welded the factory holes in for a cleaner look. Added a couple rivnuts to center the license plate. Only took about an hour to do (excluding time for paint to dry) and am pretty happy with the results! Will fab some brackets for the OEM fogs tomorrow. The receiver is a Reese #65048

IMG_6306.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all! Just wanted to share my take on the stubby. Did a simple chop 2" out from the frame mounts and puddle welded the factory holes in for a cleaner look. Added a couple rivnuts to center the license plate. Only took about an hour to do (excluding time for paint to dry) and am pretty happy with the results! Will fab some brackets for the OEM fogs tomorrow. The receiver is a Reese #65048View attachment 107334
It just doesn't get any simpler, does it? Looks great!

@Neal, your work looks good! I think I'll be adding that to my "eventually" list. Note that the "eventually" list takes priority over the "one day" list.

Quick question, what would one call the plastic trim that covers the sway bar etc?
I need to track one down
Sway bar cover.PNG

Reactions: Neal
@Neal, your work looks good! I think I'll be adding that to my "eventually" list. Note that the "eventually" list takes priority over the "one day" list.

Quick question, what would one call the plastic trim that covers the sway bar etc?
I need to track one down
View attachment 107346
Sway bar cover.... ;) Thats how I've seen them listed on part outs on Craigslist.

Reactions: JoshNZ
Sway bar cover.... ;) Thats how I've seen them listed on part outs on Craigslist.
Out of the box thinking... I like it..

Let me rephrase my question;
As I live out of the states, and would rather buy new from a website, any ideas on where to find or what to call the?
I can't find on Rockauto, nor on a quick Amazon search